Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
Salianron

Fixing and modifying new View

Had planned to buy a 2020 or later View, then decided that we liked the 2019 better. Found them getting scarce late in the year. Located one about 5 hours away which means we had to find a closer location for warranty work. The first place I called told me that they would not do warranty work if I did not buy the motorhome from them. I asked him to put that statement in writing in an email to me which he refused to do. I could have forced the issue, but decided that it was worth driving a little farther to find someone with a better attitude.

I am not happy about the number of things that need fixing or upgraded, but I am happy with the warranty service I am now receiving. I will show my appreciation by purchasing some upgrades including a better exhaust fan and window awnings all around.

I landed on this forum because I want to have some metal valve stems installed which will allow me to use the TPMS I had purchased for a previous unit. Did a lot of reading before introducing myself. I will have more to share after my fixes and modifications are complete.
Salianron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Possible that you just hit a poor dealer or it might go a bit deeper into some of the state laws which I often find just short of weird!
I had a Thor for a bit and needed some warranty work, so there is a Camping World store not far from me and they are a dealer for Thor. But in checking about the warranty work, they asked for a very specific model of Thor as they tell me that they are not allowed by state law to do warranty on any coach which they do not sell that model. Not just the year and make as I might expect but down to the specific model like 31KE on Winnebago, etc.
I have no idea why there would be such state law but then, I find that in lots of places now when I look closer. I still get spooked with the people who pass me on the right shoulder and I'm told it is legal in Texas!
So I might see a situation where a dealer just moved to only doing the work on those which he sells.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
. I still get spooked with the people who pass me on the right shoulder and I'm told it is legal in Texas!
Texas has many high speed state highways. 70 mph and even 75 mph rural non controlled “country” roads. Many of these roads have wide shoulders called “ Texas Two Lanes”. The purpose of the wide shoulder is for the slow driver to pull into the shoulder to let a faster driver pass even in a no passing zone. It’s not for a faster vehicle to pass on the right, which is still illegal.

In Texas, we pull over for faster cars and after they pass they wave or signal “thanks”.

If you have cars passing your RV on the right it’s probably angry drives that can’t understand why you have not moved right to let them pass you.