Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Bought my first MH, then drove it 2000 miles home!

Greetings all, i just joined up after FINALLY getting my New to me 2000 Itasca Sunrise all registered and ready to go for the summer season. I picked it up for a song from a friend of the family. We picked it up in november from new mexico (with a healthy dose of trust on the sellers part) and drove it back to the east coast over the next few days. We got hit with rocks in both front winshields multiple times on the trek back so we had to get the front windshields replaced and take care of the fogged side windows, but after 6 months of getting glass shipped, insurance claims, paperwork, inspections, and vairous other holds ups the MH is officially road legal! We are starting to map out some east coast adventures for the summer and im going to be doing some updating on the ol girl to bring some stuff like the 6" b&w crt back up monitor up to this decade!

Super excited to have my first motor home after growing up vacationing in much older (possibly antique lol) Motorhomes and tow trailers.
Ludacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to Winnie Owners, we are glad you joined us.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like you are started on some great adventures! Safe Travels!
lucy is offline   Reply With Quote