Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Nova 42q, please tell us the name of your service dealer. I full-time. I need service from time to time as I travel. I am not fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go to the dealer with the best reputation. I often hope that the dealer I go to can fix the problem. I have been to dealers in many states that have ALL of the top awards posted on their wall just to come away very disappointed and two or three thousand dollars poorer. I won't go into detail because of time. One was a simple request that the service writer promised would be corrected.

I had been trying to get a leak in the bed slide roof fixed. This was many dealers later and a few years down the road when we discovered mold in the head liner. We went to a Winnebago top rated dealer in Everett, WA. We were promised it would be fixed and water tested. Prior to picking up the coach after the repairs, I arranged for a water leak test. When I arrived at the dealer I was told they could not and would not test it "again". Reluctantly I payed for the service. That night we had water dripping on us, the mold was still there and the job was not done again! I called the factory service center. We drove over 1000 to get there. They rebuilt the slide roof and charged part of the bill back to the dealer. This is only one of many problems I have experienced with my '05 Vectra. I hope to avoid such in this new to me.

Please be kind and tell us all the name and location of your great dealer. I need to put it in my file for future reference. As I have stated previously. Good, trustworthy dealers are like identical triplets. Very rare.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Nova 42q, please tell us the name of your service dealer. I full-time. I need service from time to time as I travel. I am not fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go to the dealer with the best reputation. I often hope that the dealer I go to can fix the problem. I have been to dealers in many states that have ALL of the top awards posted on their wall just to come away very disappointed and two or three thousand dollars poorer. I won't go into detail because of time. One was a simple request that the service writer promised would be corrected.

I had been trying to get a leak in the bed slide roof fixed. This was many dealers later and a few years down the road when we discovered mold in the head liner. We went to a Winnebago top rated dealer in Everett, WA. We were promised it would be fixed and water tested. Prior to picking up the coach after the repairs, I arranged for a water leak test. When I arrived at the dealer I was told they could not and would not test it "again". Reluctantly I payed for the service. That night we had water dripping on us, the mold was still there and the job was not done again! I called the factory service center. We drove over 1000 to get there. They rebuilt the slide roof and charged part of the bill back to the dealer. This is only one of many problems I have experienced with my '05 Vectra. I hope to avoid such in this new to me.

Please be kind and tell us all the name and location of your great dealer. I need to put it in my file for future reference. As I have stated previously. Good, trustworthy dealers are like identical triplets. Very rare.
The dealer I have been working with is Beckley's in Thurmont, MD. Hopefully its not one you have had a bad experience with.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:36 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova 42qd View Post
The dealer I have been working with is Beckley's in Thurmont, MD. Hopefully its not one you have had a bad experience with.
I am glad to report that this is not one. We will not be back to MD for a few years. We are in TX and working our way to WA through AZ and CA. I expect to be there in May.

When I travel east of the Mississippi I tend to white knuckle it. The further east you go the poorer the roads are and the more rude and aggressive the drivers are compared with the west. So, we will spend many happy days near the grand children for a few years and avoid the east coast.

Thanks the the info in any case. I will bookmark these folks for future reference.

Happy trails and many of them,
Rick
Old 01-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I am glad to report that this is not one. We will not be back to MD for a few years. We are in TX and working our way to WA through AZ and CA. I expect to be there in May.

When I travel east of the Mississippi I tend to white knuckle it. The further east you go the poorer the roads are and the more rude and aggressive the drivers are compared with the west. So, we will spend many happy days near the grand children for a few years and avoid the east coast.

Thanks the the info in any case. I will bookmark these folks for future reference.

Happy trails and many of them,
Rick
We are planning a western trip this summer so I will be able to experience firsthand the driving habits out there. Once you start driving a large coach you realize how many knuckleheads there are on the road. It seems to me FL is the worst - at least on the east coast south of the Mason Dixon line. When we were down there last month I could not believe the number of people weaving in and out of heavy traffic, cutting in front of you, ignoring stop signs, failure to use turn signals and finally riding the left hand lane.

In VA, once you get away from DC I have found drivers to be fairly courteous.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:37 AM   #45
Winnebago Master

When you consider how many Quebec migrate south to FL in the winter you can understand why rudeness rules there. I must agree with you about the VA area. DC and Baltimore are a challenge but once a good distance outside the loops driving is not as bad. Enjoy your trip west. Just be aware of TX. The roads are fast and very noise. For some reason they use crushed rock as the final coat imbedded in tar oil. Broken windshields are common and the speed limit is 75 in some areas. I heard of one toll road being 85!

If you need service I can't recommend any except possible Happy Trails in the Rockwall, TX area (if I recall correctly). They are not Winne affiliated but do decent work.

Safe and happy travels,
Rick
Old 01-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer Bill View Post
Thanks so much for the input! I live in the Seattle Area.

Are you serious about paying 70 percent of MSRP? That is amazing, is that true?

What is the used market li8ke now? Is the economy soft and good RVs available or have things tightened up?

Thanks again!
Bill
We just upgraded from our 2006 Winnebago Aspect 26A to a 2014 Itasca Cambria 27K and we got about 20% off the MSRP. I don't think I could have got the dealer down another 10% but I suck at negotiating stuff like that.

On a related note, I know where there is a cherry used 2006 Winnebago Aspect 26A that you could pick up for a pretty good price too
tfiedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Get the extended warranty! one year is not enough on the coach and it's appliances, etc!
muddcatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Bought our new View Profile 24G today from The RV Corral in Eugene, OR. Got a decent (21 percent) discount and very nice service. They are good folks to deal with. Thanks to all of you for your advice to us. You really make us feel welcome!
Bill
Cruizer Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #49
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer Bill View Post
Bought our new View Profile 24G today from The RV Corral in Eugene, OR. Got a decent (21 percent) discount and very nice service. They are good folks to deal with. Thanks to all of you for your advice to us. You really make us feel welcome!
Bill

:flowers :

Great news, Bill. Now, take the bag of information that comes with your coach home with you before you take delivery. Read it and ask questions from what you have learned. (I hope you mean you just closed the deal and not taken delivery) In any case, read the books. But, you did do your research and sought advise so I guess you are ahead of me on this suggestion?

I hope you have many happy trails with your RV and for many years to come.

Rick

Tags
newbie, winnebago