Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2106DS MicroMinnie

Wow! Took me a while to find this! Yikes! Anyway, my husband and I have owned three winnebagos. A 2017 Navion, a 2018 SunstarLX and now a 2106 DS MicroMinnie that we just love. We’ve actually loved all of them. My Husband just retired this past January (retired young 54) and I have my own practice. But my office is now open only two days a week. We love the Murphy bed in the rv. Just flip it up and all done and wala... another couch! No bed making. We did replace the mattress with a memory foam mattress. It’s wonderful and fit in there perfectly.
We’d like to replace the cushions on the couches for more comfort. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? My husband likes sleeping on the jack knife
couch, but we’d like to replace it with a more “cushy” bed/couch. Any ideas? Thanks
Lisa Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello and welcome. Are the cushions on the sofa the loose type? You could probably have an auto upholsterer make replacement cushions for the space. Or buy a mattress topper of some kind for when you're using it as a bed.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

No. They aren’t the loose kind so that’s why we were wondering how to do it and where to go for such a thing. ��
Lisa Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I'd say your three best options are buy a mattress topper, talk to a local upholstery shop to see what modifications they could make, or buy a replacement sofa from an RV furniture dealer like Bradd & Hall. Good luck.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote