Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2018, 10:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2018 26RBSS Minnie Plus (Blue)

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is John and I have been active in the RV world for about 30 years now. I am in my 50's and I still love and enjoy camping and taking the RV out every chance I get. This past July 2017 I purchased a new 2018 Minnie Plus 26RBSS unit. I love the unit but I was very distressed to discover a MAJOR leak in the front cap while it was in storage outside this winter. Evidently, there is a known manufacturing defect in the front cap of the Minnie Plus units whereby water can enter through the seams in the front. It dripped over the bed, ran along the inner seam, then dripped all over both nightstands on both sides of the bed. The water then made its way to the basement into the storage compartments and de-laminated the basement wall structure. I was devastated when the dealer told me this was the third unit he had seen that month with the same leak pattern (all new units). He said the parts would take months to order and the job would be extensive. I am heartbroken. It's a brand new unit and now I am afraid of mold problems and structural problems.

I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences with the 2018 Minnie Plus leaking?

Any information would be appreciated. So far, I don't know what the outcome will be. I left it at the Dealer's to examine. They said they would submit it to Winnebago for an estimate for repair under the warranty. Evidently, Winnebago only warranties units for leaking for 6 months. I am really worried since I will be paying for this unit for many years to come and it's already damaged.

Thanks for any help or advice.

John
Jcolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

John
Welcome and sorry to hear about what happened with your rig.
Before you know it you will be camping again.
You should post this in the repairs and maintenance section so that other with your same rig can see it and reply about there experienced.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Oh I feel your pain

Hi my name is John also

I guess guys with the name John get leaky trailers

I have owned my 27bhss Minnie for a 8 days

I have a leak by the refrigerator somewhere

It damaged the cabinet

I don't know what damage is going that I can't see

We haven't even used it
Towed from dealer to the house

Also my cargo doors And outdoor kitchen is leaking

Please keep me informed
As am going through leak and warranty issues

Thanks
Mbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hello John, hope to hear good news soon in regards to your trailer. We just purchased our 2019 30RLSS. I am now really nervous about leaks!
plray63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Wow that's heartbreaking, hope you get it resolved soon..
My new 27dbss is sitting at the dealer still. I didn't see any water damage and they've had it on the lot thru some pretty good rain storms. Keeping my fingers crossed.
RVLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

My cargo doors leaked too. Both of them. Water was pooling in the storage compartment. I will let you know when they tell me what the fix is for this. We also found mold growing but the dealership said they were replacing all of the defective parts. The trailers are nice and I like the floorplan, I hope they can get this all fixed! I am staying positive. I will keep you posted. Good luck with yours.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I am sure your unit will be just fine! Just keep an eye on it and if you do see a leak bring it back to the Dealership ASAP. I don't know if yours is a Minnie Plus model, is it? I was thinking maybe the issue was only with the PLUS models because of the sealant they used was maybe different. At any rate........just program it that your unit is just fine! Go and enjoy it!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Update- The dealership in Chehalis, Washington (Awesome RV) did a FANTASTIC job. It looks and smells brand new. They removed all damaged material and they sealed the roof with the correct sealant. The service technician is confident it will never leak again! I am very happy with the outcome and I wrote to Winnebago and told them about the issue so hopefully they can correct the issue on the factory floor and prevent more units from leaving the factory with this same issue. Happy camping days ahead!
Old 06-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #9
Winniehurn

Folks, I appreciate you posting this problem and am encouraged to hear that the issues seem to be satisfactorily corrected. We will soon be taking delivery of a 2019 27RBDS, so will be doing extensive leak testing thanks to your post. Here's hoping you get lots of trouble free enjoyment with your new trailers going forward!

Take Care & God Bless! Larry
Winniehurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #10

Sorry to hear of the leaking. Happy to hear you are part of our Winnebago family. Winnebago will get it fixed.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:04 PM   #11
Winniehurn

No Water Leaks So Far!

We have had our new 27RBDS about 6 weeks now and it has been exposed to some severe rain storms, towing while raining, etc. and no water leaks anywhere I can find. I plan on inspecting my roof and seals (doors, slides, etc.) regularly though. I'm looking for some sort of rubber seal spray / coating to try keeping them pliable. Anyone find a good rubber treatment yet?
Winniehurn is offline   Reply With Quote