Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Hooray - after waiting almost two months, I got an email this afternoon stating that our new Horizon is at Lazydays. We will do a test drive of the coach on the afternoon of May 24, then first thing next morning begins our detailed inspection.

We are expecting little issues and problems, but hope nothing serious crops up. The salesman knows no money changes hands until I'm satisfied with the condition of the coach. I figure this is my best chance EVER in the life of the coach to get prompt service ;-)

Then on May 26, we have a Datastorm (Internet dish) install scheduled.

Wish me luck!

--John who almost has a coach

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hooray - after waiting almost two months, I got an email this afternoon stating that our new Horizon is at Lazydays. We will do a test drive of the coach on the afternoon of May 24, then first thing next morning begins our detailed inspection.

We are expecting little issues and problems, but hope nothing serious crops up. The salesman knows no money changes hands until I'm satisfied with the condition of the coach. I figure this is my best chance EVER in the life of the coach to get prompt service ;-)

Then on May 26, we have a Datastorm (Internet dish) install scheduled.

Wish me luck!

--John who almost has a coach

Old 05-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations! Which Coach did you get and which options? We have been very happy with our 40AD.
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

John,

Enjoy every minute of it. I am certain you will be as pleased as we were with our Horizon.

Rex
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

"LAZY" DAYS Good Luck!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

WELL finally John,your a land lubber, you will almost be able to sleep nights.
Check it out just like the main frame, good luck an try not to get too excited, its only a land locked boat. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Congratulations John, I know you'll be on cloud nine for days. I think you are entitled to emblish your signature now..Happy PDI have fun.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:41 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hogbreth:
Congratulations! Which Coach did you get and which options? We have been very happy with our 40AD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We are joining the ranks of the 40AD owners!

We got almost every option EXCEPT the stove, dishdrawer, TripTek (I'll use Silverleaf), GPS (laptop instead), washer/dryer (we are installing the Splendide 2100).

We did not get the Ultraleather couch - we opted for the fabric due to the cats we will be travelling with. I loved the dual power recliner - I can imagine myself parked in the recliner watching the History channel - ahh - life will be good.

I'll post a bunch of pictures on my web site after we get the coach.

I WILL have a good experience at Lazydays (or they don't get any money.)

--John

Old 05-11-2005, 05:45 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Congrats John, I'll bet those were the two longest months of your life. Ever notice how time seems to stand still while you're waiting. If you're like us, you'll be sleeping in the coach in the driveway the first night.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:11 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Congrats!! John, We love our coach as I'm sure you will. I know you will do a detailed inspection/PDI but just a note one thing I did not do was check all the interior mouldings and a lot of them were loose, I fixed them all my self, but just give all of them a slight tug to check I'm, sure you have most everything else covered. Again Congrats!!!!

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:55 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Congrats to you John! How in the world can you stand to wait 2 more weeks to go see it? I'd be going nuts by then! Since it's at LD, with hundreds of people coming in there to look at motorhomes every day, I'd want some reassurances that the coach I have waited 2 months for is locked and kept that way until I got there. You don't want people tracking in and out of there, messin' with stuff. I'm sure that you already had this conversation with them. Best of luck.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:53 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.Bill:
Since it's at LD, with hundreds of people coming in there to look at motorhomes every day, I'd want some reassurances that the coach I have waited 2 months for is locked and kept that way until I got there. You don't want people tracking in and out of there, messin' with stuff. I'm sure that you already had this conversation with them. Best of luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How true, how true Capt. Bill. I asked the salesman if it was going to be open for traffic/lookers and he said absolutely not. It will be kept locked away for just us! Some of the coaches we looked at at LD were really shopworn with stuff broken. One even had a bad leak in the bedroom and the carpet was soaked (which we pointed out to the porter.)

Whoopee-- 12 more days!

--John

Old 05-12-2005, 04:30 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

John, great to see you so enthused ... I love positive attitudes and yours seem to be quite strong. In Italian, there is a word pronounced "chin-don" which one usually mutters as they toast the wine glasses with one another. It means may you live and enjoy a 100 years. To you I propose this toast.

On another note, I value your expertise. I posted a question "unknown bracket". I would appreciate it if you would read it and I welcome anything you may have to contribute.

2001 Adventurer 32V
FrankieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:46 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Congrats John,

I'm sure you can't wait!!!!!

We were standing at the dealer when the unit arrived. We couldn't wait another second!

Good luck with your new Toy!!

You should enjoy the Datastorm, it works reasonably well (especially in the middle of the dessert). Do you have an idea where you are going to have the data storm equipment installed?

Cheers!

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:28 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Hi Buck & Jeff,

We are currently at my nephew's house in Ohio or we would have beat a path already to see our new home! It is quite exciting

My first choice for the Datastorm installation will be in a cabinet over the dash. I believe that is where the King-Dome controller box is located. Second choice will be in the bedroom where the TV is located. That TV comes out and a flat panel LCD gets mounted on an articulated arm, so we will have all of that space available. (I will need to finish out that space with some luan or something like that.)

--John

Old 05-13-2005, 01:44 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I would stay away from the cabinet above the dash as it gets quite toasty up there in the summer.

The cabinet in the back where you are removing the TV would be better.

We installed our modems and contorller in the upper linen closet next to the toilet room. The aft wall of that closet is hollow on our unit (4" inside the wall), and has a removeable wall inside the cabinet. It is where the antenna wires run up to the roof, so it was an easy up and out to the roof. I would guess you are getting the new DW6000 and D2 controller, so you can install a wireless router and do not need to run the dish with your laptop.

We also took out the tv and splendide washer, reworked the whole area to fit in the new small Whirlpool front loader and the matching electric dryer from Lowes.

Cheers!

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

John & Jane,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your new coach. The days are numbered before you get to see it. We picked ours up on 5/12/05. We also got the 40AD model. We drove to Savannah GA this past weekend and boy I sure like the way it drives and that 400 hp gives you plenty of power. Good luck with your PDI. We only had four minor items that needed attention.

2005 Itasca Horizon, 40AD, 2005 Chevy Silverado
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:27 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Hi Woody,

You are a couple of weeks ahead of us! I'm glad to hear that your PDI went well. Fingers crossed that mine will go as well.

I was really impressed when we did the test drive a couple of months ago. I thought - boy-oh-boy this is how to travel

Our first trip will be about 500' to Lazydays' Rally Park . We want to spend a few nights there to be sure we get an unhurried chance to test and check everything out. Then we will drive it home and do some short two and three day jaunts until fall when we have a longer trip planned.

Best of luck with the new coach!

John

Old 05-18-2005, 03:58 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Congrats John!!

Hope everything goes well with the PDI and you have many safe miles and great adventures.

Bob
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote