Old 05-13-2005, 03:28 AM   #15
Winnebago Master
Hi Buck & Jeff,

We are currently at my nephew's house in Ohio or we would have beat a path already to see our new home! It is quite exciting

My first choice for the Datastorm installation will be in a cabinet over the dash. I believe that is where the King-Dome controller box is located. Second choice will be in the bedroom where the TV is located. That TV comes out and a flat panel LCD gets mounted on an articulated arm, so we will have all of that space available. (I will need to finish out that space with some luan or something like that.)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:44 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner
I would stay away from the cabinet above the dash as it gets quite toasty up there in the summer.

The cabinet in the back where you are removing the TV would be better.

We installed our modems and contorller in the upper linen closet next to the toilet room. The aft wall of that closet is hollow on our unit (4" inside the wall), and has a removeable wall inside the cabinet. It is where the antenna wires run up to the roof, so it was an easy up and out to the roof. I would guess you are getting the new DW6000 and D2 controller, so you can install a wireless router and do not need to run the dish with your laptop.

We also took out the tv and splendide washer, reworked the whole area to fit in the new small Whirlpool front loader and the matching electric dryer from Lowes.

Buck n Jeff

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper
John & Jane,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your new coach. The days are numbered before you get to see it. We picked ours up on 5/12/05. We also got the 40AD model. We drove to Savannah GA this past weekend and boy I sure like the way it drives and that 400 hp gives you plenty of power. Good luck with your PDI. We only had four minor items that needed attention.
Woody & Sandi

2005 Itasca Horizon, 40AD, 2005 Chevy Silverado
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:27 PM   #18
Winnebago Master
Hi Woody,

You are a couple of weeks ahead of us! I'm glad to hear that your PDI went well. Fingers crossed that mine will go as well.

I was really impressed when we did the test drive a couple of months ago. I thought - boy-oh-boy this is how to travel

Our first trip will be about 500' to Lazydays' Rally Park . We want to spend a few nights there to be sure we get an unhurried chance to test and check everything out. Then we will drive it home and do some short two and three day jaunts until fall when we have a longer trip planned.

Best of luck with the new coach!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:58 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner
Congrats John!!

Hope everything goes well with the PDI and you have many safe miles and great adventures.

Bob Russo
Formerly had 07 Neptune 36PDQ, ISB 325, Allison 2500, Source Trailing Arms and Ride Enhancement Kit, Demco KarKaddy 460SS.
Currently no Motorhome
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote