Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #61

Keep the faith, uncle Goat! It will get fixed and you’ll be out and about.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:14 AM   #62
Itasca Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfamRV View Post
I wish the sewer aim was that easy. The gray water elbow actually sits 3 inches lower than the black water elbow and the outlet is in the middle. So when draining the black water rushes past the outlet and fills the grey water elbow first before filling up enough to go out the outlet. Yes the grey then pushes most of the black out after but it never fully drains out of the pipes and after driving the next time I go to empty things its sitting at the cap and comes out all over the cabinet and on me the first time.
We had a similar problem with our old Jayco trailer. The tanks were a long way from the outlet and some water (and other stuff) always stayed in the pipes only to work its way to the cap down the road.
I found a cap with a smaller threaded fitting designed to use with a water hose. So my routing became holding the large hose (or a plastic container) under the cap and opening the smaller fitting to drain the pipe.
Needless to say, I like emptying the tanks in the current RV much better.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:43 AM   #63

My 2015 2101DS is pretty good at draining all water lines without additional steps. The amount of air in the lines is one way I confirm it.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:28 PM   #64
Winnebago Watcher

Having the same service problems with La Mesa RV. Have left bunches of messages but no calls are returned. They promised at purchase to do 3 checkouts/repairs...2 of the 3 items they said were fixed - we have our doubts and we are still waiting for a headlight. The purchase and the walk-thru were great. :0(
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #65
Easy Goer

Re: Worst Experience Ever

Almost makes you want to buy a tent, doesn’t it?
Doxiedog4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #66
Winnebago Camper

No, it is what you should have done. You took possession of the vehicle knowing that something was wrong with it. Why would you do that? Why would you wait 4.5 hours? One hour, ok , two hours no way. You should have walked then, but you didn't. You let them manipulate you. That is why they will sell junk to anyone that can give them money.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote