Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2018, 05:50 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

I don't think. Any rv dealer has good service

It seems every dealer is good at selling . They fall short on service .I am in Canada and I have felt whit western rv twice once was enough should have known better .I purchased a used wlnnlebago that had some issues that they took along time to fix and some they said they had. I have discover that. The biggest problem is whit Winnebago constriction and workman ship
wilkehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I can appreciate your concerns about Winnebago as we have owned 3 of them and had problems with all 3 of which Winnebago Customer Service was absolutely worthless, in fact we had to trade the first 2 as neither the dealer or Winnebago could fix our issues. We were reluctant to purchase the third Winnebago but after telling our experiences to a new dealer who had a fairly good reputable service department we purchased our 3rd
Winnebago of which we couldn't use the first year as it was in the shop 90% of the time and when we complained to Winnebago they completely ignored us and yes we wrote to their interim CEO who also ignored us. this will be my last Winnebago and I tell all my RVing friends the same thing -- next time we will go with Tiffin as they have a much better reputation than Winnebabo
garygalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via MSN to e4services
La Mesa RV is the WORST in the Tucson area. THey dont mind selling junk.
Well most dealers are pretty bad. Just want you to get your money and out the door before your 'new' rig explodes.
e4services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #24

I understand, Jeep.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #25

E4services, then La Mesa RECEIVED junk from the manufacturer, correct?
Old 05-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

We bought our Fuse from La Mesa in Tucson...we know what you are talking about. We thought they would be better than lazydays but think they are all the same...charge tons of money, make you think you got a deal and then you are on your own. No more RV's for us.
Pat Damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #27
aa1ssradio

We recently purchased a 2012 Winnebago Tour from La Mesa in Quartzsite. We had issues with a chassis battery disconnected, the front shade didn't work and the touch screen on the navigation system was dead along with various light bulbs inside the coach being burned out. We were like are you going to fix any of this . . . After all you just did a PDI and it is supposed to be 100%. Not to mention that some of the exterior door cylynders needed replacing and the salesman was gonna get them replaced which they never did.Exterior TV didn't work either and their response was "we do not repair AV issues". Pulled out TV and fixed myself. After all I'm only spending almost 200k for this thing.

They replaced the nav system and the front shade and that was about as far as I was gonna get with them. They supplied the parts and I did the repairs myself.

I do NOT let any service tech work or repair anything on my RV as I found most of them are not able to work on rv's due to their experience. I do it all myself. If I don't know I go to the internet and learn about it.That is why everything always works 100%. I do all my own maintenance and have never has a water leak or breakdown. I only let Freightliner do chassis maintenance and a tire shop replace tires and do an alignment.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:44 AM   #28
Winnebago Vista 27PE

Had a similar experience with our new Vista last year. Same dealer, different location.
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:48 AM   #29
Winnebago Vista 27PE

You’re not alone

You’re not alone. By agreement with dealer I Can’t share our experience here. But it was not fun.
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:52 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

I bought my 2108Ds at Good Times Unlimited in Farmington Maine, they have been stellar in taking care of issues. Ours was ordered and it was inspected upon delivery by the dealer. The dealer ordered several new cabinet doors because of imperfections, without our asking. They kept us posted by email, letting us know when it was being built, when they were sending a driver to pick it up (they do their own pick ups to save some money and get the units quicker), when it was on the lot, and when it would be ready for pick up. We had a couple of issues that they took care of quickly, usually by me sending a photo and a description of the problem. I recommend them to everyone who mentions buying a camper!
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:30 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Problems, but resolved

We also had a nightmare experience with our 2015 Winnebago Itasca 42HD. Unit was floating around from several dealerships, but was in cosmetically & mechanically good condition. We bought it from La Mesa RV in Port St Lucie, Florida. (Just in case you do not read further, La Mesa did good by us!) After being in the shop for 2 weeks to repair minor items, we took it for a test trip. Long story short, nothing functioned as it was supposed to! Sliders did not open consistently & when they did , often would not close. Doors would not stay closed. Trim fell off inside and out. Sliders rattled while driving, window shook, bulbs flashed inside for no reason, number bed would not inflate. It was a mess! We contacted Steve Hamm, regional service manager for Winnebago, who spoke with La Mesa. La Mesa quickly stepped up and over a 6 month period resolved every problem! Winnebago then extended outs factory warranty by 6 months to cover the inconvenience. Our problem was related to the poor manufacturing & quality control done by Winnebago, not the dealer... I suggest you contact the local Winnebago rep, explain your issues and allow them to get it fixed...btw, we had a problem on the road with a slider, called Steve Hamm and were able to go to the factory and have it fixed while we waited 3 days. They know there are problems with their rigs, and are working hard to resolve them when given the opportunity. Bart in Florida
bartts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:02 AM   #32
Winnebago Watcher

I am living through a very similar experience with La Mesa RV in San Diego. They are terrific at sales and equally as bad at service. It’s sad when a company is so greedy to be that short sighted. Unfortunately, I have to deal with them since they are the only licensed Winnebago dealer in San Diego. I made a reservation at Mike Thompson RV in Orange County. It is a longer drive but I am hoping they have better techs there. I still have items not fixed on our punch list from the initial walk through and we have 8k miles and 4 appointments under our belt now.
Ray Agrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:42 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

If enough people write to Winnebago, they may raise their standards as far as dealerships that represent the company. The bottom line at Winne. has to be satisfaction, and repeat business. (or) Does the company have enough new business to sustain, and to hell with old customers. Phone service, and tech. support at the factory is primo in my experiences.
Speedojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:22 AM   #34

If the repair rate for dealers fixing warranty issues was higher wouldn’t dealers be more interested?
Old 05-27-2018, 08:29 AM   #35
Winnebago Owner

I totally agree with "Ranger Smith"!
For those who feel they they can't do the repairs or don't have the tools, I say, at least try.
There is a wealth of info online to help you along. It may take some time and digging, but the savings and convenience may be immense!
Like a doctor, try to "do no harm" in the process.
You will find that you can repair more than you think.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:35 AM   #36
Winnebago Camper

This is all so hard to hear. The problem obviously starts with Winnebago and their current poor quality control. I got my new 2012 Itasca Navion iQ 24G in May 2012 from La Mesa located at that time in Dublin, CA. They have since closed that location. I had NOT ONE issue with my rig during the warranty period and up until today six years later. Not one! The only reason it’s been in the shop has been for regular service and maintenance. What has happened at Winnebago in the meantime to cause such a difference and unbelievable decline in the quality of their products? It sounds to me like everyone considering a Winnebago should think twice (or more) about pulling out their wallet and buying a bunch of problems from Winnebago - and it makes me sad to say this considering my experience. But reality is reality and the only way to avoid these problems sounds like to avoid them completely from the beginning.

I wish I had a solution for all the problems experienced and posted here.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:53 AM   #37
Winnie-Wise

Multiple repairs, long punch lists, and weeks at the dealer seem to be the new norm.

I also got such bad warranty service that I felt I had to gear up and learn to do everything myself. Now, a few years later, I won't let those RV Dealer "techs" anywhere near my rig.

BY THE WAY, your sewer outlet's "aim" is easily adjusted to better point toward the hole in the compartment floor - just loosen the 8 bolts, rotate, and Bob's your uncle...
Old 05-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #38
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedojim View Post
If enough people write to Winnebago, they may raise their standards as far as dealerships that represent the company. The bottom line at Winne. has to be satisfaction, and repeat business. (or) Does the company have enough new business to sustain, and to hell with old customers. Phone service, and tech. support at the factory is primo in my experiences.

How about they raise their own MANUFACTURING STANDARDS and quit producing junk? It's the same for all the major RV manufacturers now; the units are selling so they just keep churning out more problems that the buyer has to deal with. I don't understand why some people are satisfied to spend big bucks and then have to drive to the factory, maybe more than once, to get the proper repairs made.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #39
Winnebago Watcher

Had the same experience with LaMesa at Quartzsite, we bought a used Vectra and a few things (12) needed to be addressed. After waiting a week we went to sign papers and turn in our trade. Would not sign till walk through, out of 12 issues, 3 were done. They told us to just sign and they would have all done in a few days. Finance guy (Randy) said we had to buy a 4 year service contract for $13K, already had it in sales contract even though we declined. Then said he would have to redo paperwork but the bank was now closed so to come back next day at 8am. Got to his office at 8, and waited... finally went looking and found him at other end of repair shop, he had not redone paperwork, had not even contacted bank and when we told him to cancel the deal he actually already had the check to return our down payment ready.
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:04 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
Had the same experience with LaMesa at Quartzsite, we bought a used Vectra and a few things (12) needed to be addressed. After waiting a week we went to sign papers and turn in our trade. Would not sign till walk through, out of 12 issues, 3 were done. They told us to just sign and they would have all done in a few days. Finance guy (Randy) said we had to buy a 4 year service contract for $13K, already had it in sales contract even though we declined. Then said he would have to redo paperwork but the bank was now closed so to come back next day at 8am. Got to his office at 8, and waited... finally went looking and found him at other end of repair shop, he had not redone paperwork, had not even contacted bank and when we told him to cancel the deal he actually already had the check to return our down payment ready.
Be thankful. My guess is you “dodged a bullet.”