Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I was looking through my black brief case looking for roadside towing information and air conditioner information. While looking though the case I found some tools. The tools appear to be a ratchet wrench and a two piece extension of some type. For the life of me I don't remember what these tools are for. Can anyone fill me in on their use?

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I was looking through my black brief case looking for roadside towing information and air conditioner information. While looking though the case I found some tools. The tools appear to be a ratchet wrench and a two piece extension of some type. For the life of me I don't remember what these tools are for. Can anyone fill me in on their use?

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:54 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

JD, the only "tool" I recall finding in my black Winnie info bag was a large allen wrench for opening the latch on the doghouse cover. Perhaps your ratchet and extensions are intended to help retract the slideout (Kwikee?) on your unit...
Old 11-18-2005, 02:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

This is a manual system to close your slide outs in case of failure.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Probably, tools are for manually cranking in the front slide if the hydraulics fail.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

In my coach they are for manualy retracting the rear slide. (There is an access panel under the bed.)
There are tools in brackets on the wall of the storage bay under the kitchen window to retract my front slide.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

the ratchet and extension is for a kwiee rear slide failure retraction. should be a holw in the middle at the foot of the bed. when the slide is all the way out you have to usde this hole to gain acces to the slide power screw that your adapter tool fit. after you come in a way, you then have to raise the bed and the inside floor and use the tool there. raise your bed and the inside flool and you can readly see how it works. this was not in my owner manual i had to call winne and they took a week to figure it out and sent me instructions that didn't liste my 33v voyage. also i have no hole in the foot of my bed, so if i have problems i wil make an access hole.