Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Thumbs up Winnebago Stands Up To Their Warranties

My 2008 Winnebago Destination was purchased in August of 2008. After our last trip, I had a few problems that needed attention. So, I put it in the Service Shop of Holiday World of Houston (South) for the repairs. To wit:
1 - Driver slide-out making horrible banshee screeching noise when retracting
2 - Door awning would not extend or retract without holding the button in. After three seconds it should continue to move until fully extended or retracted. Also, Wind Sensor lights would not come on.
3 - Both front compartments have paint peeling and rusting
4 - Roof sealant needs inspection at one spot that appears different
5 - Missing one front amber marker cover
6 - Identify part on driver slide - middle, 1 foot from top edge.

1- They found a broken pin on a roller for #1 and fixed and greased the slide mechanism.
2 - Replaced awing controller for door awning
3 - Sanded and repainted both front compartments
4 - Roof sealant does not need work
5 - Replaced amber marker light.
6 - Identified part on driver slide as a drain-out for awning locking system.

Now the amber light was missing because of a helium filled balloon, with an object on a string, striking against the windshield and dragging up as we were traveling 65 mph on the Interstate.

Everything I mentioned was covered under Winnebago original warranty. Different parts have different warranties, such as the awning by A&E are 2 or 3 years. I'm not sure of all the different time frames on the different warranties, but Holiday World of Houston was the primary contact for all work and they received the authorizations from Winnebago.

So, thank you Winnebago for backing up your product, and thank you Holiday World for your work and help in fixing the problem areas.

Well done.

Of course, if it breaks in a week I'll recant this post!!!

p.s., my part of the cost was for the amber cover purchase and replacment for $12 and some pennies.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

WayneM..It is always great to read when someone has a positive experience! I know someone who just bought a Winnebago product - and I am hoping he has the same experience.
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Yes sir - that's the good side - need to hear more success stories instead of just the messed up ones - I am sure the good outweighs the bad.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Bought my '07 38T from Beckleys in Thurmont Md on Nov 3, 2006. One or two PDI issues to resolve before bringing it home the next day. Haven't had a need to go back in 3 years.

Only 2 warranty issues since then. A norcold fridge problem identified and fixed in less than 20 minutes by a great tech at Howards RV center in Wilmington NC. (thanks to the parts guy there who had a couple of needed spare kits under his desk, because he knew he would see more of these problems) Good people there really saved our trip.

And a failing converter, which was shipped directly to me for swapout, saving time and effort of a trip to a dealer.

Make a good product, in the first place, and there are lots of untold, positive stories.
jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I think winnie is a first rate,stand behind their product company. I think they go above and beyond and their cust ser reps act like they love their jobs and us as customers. I WONT but anything else.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I bought my used Winnebago two years ago. Anytime I have had a question about something on the Coach I have called Winn. tech services and they have been very helpful in resolving what ever issues I had called about. Great customer support !!
This irv2 web site has such great and helpful hands on information. I have been able to pick up some very useful information from people that have done a particular job and have been kind enough to share there expoeriance and shortcuts. Thanks for all of your posts.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have had the same great experiences with winnie........people should really consider this when they buy one of these houses on wheels. We hear so many horror stories about other manufacturers and that is why winnie is head and shoulders above the competition AND why they are still around making great coaches.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Interesting about giving a company or product kudos. If someone says they had a failure on the left front lug nuts, invariably 4-5 others will post they had similar/exact same problem. It is rare (understandably) that someone first posts, "you know, I have never had a problem with the left front lug nuts."

Just an observation.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
Interesting about giving a company or product kudos. If someone says they had a failure on the left front lug nuts, invariably 4-5 others will post they had similar/exact same problem. It is rare (understandably) that someone first posts, "you know, I have never had a problem with the left front lug nuts."

Just an observation.
ProPride P3 1400#Bars.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote