Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #41
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra 427 View Post
In July of this year I purchased a new Winnebago Vista 26 HE to tow the AC Cobra I race. In the five times I have been out I have yet to return home then take the unit in for warranty service. First time out cabinet doors fell off in the first 180 miles. The alignment was so bad you could not let go of the steering wheel. Winnebago refused to warranty that saying it was fine when it left you must have it loaded wrong or hit something it only had 390 miles on it.I bought it with 335. Then the jacks started leaking antenna quit working,generator has exhaust leak,trim pieces are falling off, the best the heater quit in 15 degree weather. This is just a short list of problems. My question is is Winnebago quality this bad? This can't be normal. Winnebago is unwilling to help out with the cost of getting the unit to and from the service center witch is 75 miles one way. With my experance with Winnebago I would NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.
Hi Cobra,
Did you do a thorough test drive before you purchased? Any handling issues should have presented then. Depending on how I load my Cambria it can greatly affect how it handles. If I load it correctly then it handles like a dream. If I don't it handles like it has square wheels. Now I'm sure when you race that nice Cobra AC if it is not set up right it is probably pretty scary to run at speed. In my owners manual it states and my dealer suggested to have an alignment done. Winnebago does due an alignment before it leaves but you should still get it checked when you get it. Winnebago does include a one year warranty that starts when you pick your unit up and it includes pretty much everything (but you are correct-not alignments) so all of the other items should be taken care of by your purchasing dealer. The dealer you went to is correct-you take care of your customers first then Winnebago warranty customers. I also have never heard of any dealer or company that will pay you to bring your unit in. I would suggest getting your Vista weighed (while loaded for travel) on all 4 corners if possible to make sure you are not overloading a wheel or axle. Then take it to have an alignment done. These two things should help greatly with your handling issues as well as to stop shaking everything loose. After that call the dealer where you purchased if it is a Winnebago dealer or your closest authorized Winnebago dealer and set up an appointment to have all the little things fixed. Sorry for all of your frustration and I hope it all works out for you.
Maddawgs
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Gary,
Thanks for your pictures. I just spent 5 weeks traveling a couple thousand miles and had a marvelous time.

Not to hijack this thread though, I do not understand why cobra is not geting satisfaction with his repairs. Seems rather odd.
sailorbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #43

Like an Old fellow once told me, when I asked him for his C Motorhome opionon;; He said. Well I don't really know. But he stated . My coach is the best of the worst,, and the worst of the best; And like everyone I'm mostly happy with it.... That fellow is long gone , But his words still live on as the truth;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
Like an Old fellow once told me, when I asked him for his C Motorhome opionon;; He said. Well I don't really know. But he stated . My coach is the best of the worst,, and the worst of the best; And like everyone I'm mostly happy with it.... That fellow is long gone , But his words still live on as the truth;;
Lot of truth to that statement! If most of us accepted it, then we would finally understand that these toys aren't built on an assembly line like cars and learn to use tools to keep them working without complaining about what we paid.
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, winnebago