Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago or Tiffin

I am a Winnebago owner of a Vista 32K(bunk unit). My children are getting bigger and I am upgrading. I am looking at a Winnebago Sightseer 35J and Tiffin 35qba. When I bought the Vista I should have bit the bullet and bought the Sightseer.
The Tiffin has more slides and I like the full underpass storage. However I already have owned 2 Winnebago and never had any problems. The Winnebago is more expensive.
Just want some feedback that would help me decide.
china3.
china3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I am sure you will get feedback from Winne owners here on the Sightseer and their overall experience with Winnebago. I am pleased with my coach and the support I have received from Winnebago.

Tiffin also has a great reputation for customer service. Suggest you check with folks in the Tiffin Motorhome Owners forum for feedback.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Well that is the question isn't it? We've all asked it and on this board you pretty much know how we answered it. Having said that, Tiffin makes a great product too and if Winnebago doesn't get their dealer service problems worked out... Red Bay could be looking better and better.

2009 Vectra 40WD
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2009 35J. We love the layout and the coach itself seems to be pretty good. I have to say that I have been very disappointed with the level of service and support that Winnebago has provided. My dealer has done pretty well for us otherwise I would have to firmly recommend you consider the Tiffin product.

If the coach itself or the price aren't enough to make the decision and manufacturer support is the deciding factor, right now I'd have to say Tiffin has the edge.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Ford or Chevrolet, Michelin or Goodyear, Red or Blue.
Flip a coin but on this forum Winnebago should be your answer owned four Winnies and unless I hit the lottery..I have my last one now...
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

35J vs 35QBA

I will have to chime in on the Tiffin product:

Have the 34 Bay model for 6 years now.Will upgrade soon to another Tiffin. Agree, 4 slide is very roomy & fit-n-finish is excellent. My former Winnebago was an 1988 Superchief. My shopping took me to the Tiffin product line. Yes, pass-thru is great; but Tiffin gives added height clearance as well. Decor package is well done; not dated, impressive. Surround-sound & bedroom entertainment system is top-notch.

Well-designed, sturdy and factory will fax, email, answer any question whatsoever. Techs will go the extra mile to clarify any operational, troubleshooting item you want to discuss.[even if it's just a curiosity inquiry]

...and Bob Tiffin will talk with any customer...and (get this!) see to the satisfaction of second-hand owners of 6-10 year plus Tiffin coaches. Customer satisfaction is the very best in the industry; Tiffin reputation is..., well, speaks for itself.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

How your local dealer handles your concerns can make or break you opinion of the motorhome you own. Lucky for us we have been taken care of by our dealer to our satisfaction and like our Itasca very much. But when we go looking for a replacement we are definately going to check out Tiffen products also.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I suggest talking to the service mechanics who actually work on the coaches you are considering. I did, and it was quite an eye-opening experience. We ruled out the Tiffins pretty quickly...... Don't want to start an argument among those owners - most of whom are satisfied. Just reporting my experience.
markpj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Our last MH was a Tiffin (37' Allegro Bay), we now own an Itasca Ellipse, and full timed in both. We loved our Tiffin - visited Red Bay, took the factory tour with Red, met Bob Tiffin and sat in his office chatting like old friends. We think the support would have been great, but never needed anything - we never had a problem. When we decided on a DP, we bought the Itasca primarily because of the floorplan (Tiffin's floorplans are a bit unimaginative) and haven't been disappointed. Some things we like better; the Powerline EMS, the online parts listing and schematic availability, and how each part in the MH has a unique number. We haven't needed Winnebago customer support while on the road in over two years, but when stopping at Forest City for service we've been impressed. I've been helping a friend try to choose between the Tiffin and Winnebago versions of the 35' bunk model, and personally I like the Tiffin; bigger kitchen area and a bit nicer trim. I think you'll be happy with either, and I'd certainly look at another Tiffin product, especially if Bob moves the factory service from Red Bay (it makes Forest City look like a cosmopolitan metropolis) and if he starts a version of the GNR.

Our blog
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote