Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We just left Forest City with our Itasca Latitude. We were there for 3 days. Our passenger slide out tore the floor the 2nd time it was extended. Repairs went as planned plus some. If every RV and auto dealer mirrored how Winnebago performed service from check in to check out there would never be any "mis-understandings or services not performed. When you check in service reception verifys your information and why you are there. At this time you are asked if there are any add'l concerns are are allowed to add only 3 items. At this point an advisor and a technican are assigned to you. Our tech came into our coach and reviewed our requests with us. The coach then went into service dept. Most of the time coaches are brought back out to stay in overnight in the overnight parking area, but with our floor torn up we were required to get a hotel room for 2 nights(Hoping that Good Sam CSP will reimburse). When coach was complete our advisor called us. When we arrived there was a note for us to see our technican. He was called up to review all of our repairs and make sure they were to our satisfaction. Which they were. There was no details left out> They even caught an add'l issue we were not aware of. We would consider driving 12 hours round trip for this kind of service. KUDOS to Mike, Darren and everyone in the customer service center

2008 Itasca Latitude 39w UFO 8.1
YngRvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We just left Forest City with our Itasca Latitude. We were there for 3 days. Our passenger slide out tore the floor the 2nd time it was extended. Repairs went as planned plus some. If every RV and auto dealer mirrored how Winnebago performed service from check in to check out there would never be any "mis-understandings or services not performed. When you check in service reception verifys your information and why you are there. At this time you are asked if there are any add'l concerns are are allowed to add only 3 items. At this point an advisor and a technican are assigned to you. Our tech came into our coach and reviewed our requests with us. The coach then went into service dept. Most of the time coaches are brought back out to stay in overnight in the overnight parking area, but with our floor torn up we were required to get a hotel room for 2 nights(Hoping that Good Sam CSP will reimburse). When coach was complete our advisor called us. When we arrived there was a note for us to see our technican. He was called up to review all of our repairs and make sure they were to our satisfaction. Which they were. There was no details left out> They even caught an add'l issue we were not aware of. We would consider driving 12 hours round trip for this kind of service. KUDOS to Mike, Darren and everyone in the customer service center

2008 Itasca Latitude 39w UFO 8.1
YngRvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

That is good to hear and not unlike the story many folks tell when they visit the factory for repairs.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I can sure echo Yngrvers post. When the factory replaced the sidewalls on my Itasca this spring Mike Hanlon and crew were the epitome of efficiency and customer care. My coach was six years old, and yet they found the exact match on the wall paper and wainescote that was original. They flushed the salt off my chassis, as they were still in the deep freeze, when I arrived for service. Mike then met me on the pick up date and went over every detail with me. All of this at their expense. Truly a great company to do business with. Wish I could say that for their dealers.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Yngrvrs;

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Most often it is human nature to complain when things are not right but we remain silent when things go right.

Winnebago quality and service is one of the reasons I am a loyal Winnebago owner.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I to like to hear these reports, as residing 130 miles from the factory was one strong point for buying a Winnebago. That said, I am also happy to report that I have not needed anything fixed since buying 2005 coach new. My retirement coach will likely be a Winnebago.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We are headed to Forest City in late September for some work and know it'll be a tad chilly but also know they'll do a great job. When we read about the problems people have with dealers I always wonder why not just go to the source. I do realize for some that's a long way but maybe the end product is worth the extra expense and hassle.

Nice to hear that others are pleased with the service at the factory. Great bunch of people working to make us happy.

Thank you!!
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We've been to FC twice with our 2005 Horizon and we're more than satisfied with the results of the work we needed done. One was a dealer caused issue and this last time we simply wanted the roof resealed and some other dinky items taken care of!

I agree, it's well worth the drive there to get the excellent service they provide...and we live in southern California!!
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

becks - you must be the luckyist person on earth, to have a 3 year old coach and never have had to have anything fixed on it. I have a 2004 and have been to FC twice, my selling dealer twice, 2 other Winnebago dealers out of state, Cat repair shops twice, and Freightliner dealers 4 times. This doesn't count all the little minor things I have fixed myself.
It would be interesting to know how many Winnebagos 2-4 years old on the road that have never been in a repair shop to have something fixed.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:36 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

1999 Chieftain 35U back to dealer once for a very minor plumbing problem and back to Ford twice, once for a bad sensor and once for the cruise switch recall. Other than that just routine maintenance, I am VERY happy with my Winnebago.

1999 Chieftain 35U
RonTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:42 AM   #11

While I appreciate the good service that the Winnebago factory provides in Forest City, I just wish that the Winnebago dealers would be so good.

Not all of us have time to take a "vacation" to Forest City for repairs that dealers should be able to perform.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:14 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

FrontangeRVr: Your point is well taken, especially considering FC has some of the worst weather I have ever encountered any where. Your point is exactly why I would like to see Winnebago put factory run zone shops around the country, (at least 3). Then charge off the operation expense to the dealer network. Dealers by and large are never going to be much better than they are now, which I find abysmal. I don't like driving 700 miles to he factory either, but it got the job done right.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Savannah:
We are headed to Forest City in late September for some work and know it'll be a tad chilly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We were there for repairs last week of October '07 and the weather was not that bad. Yes, things could change but we found it to be rather pleasant - although I wouldn't want to be there much later than that.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Wagonmaster2: We have had our Itasca Suncruiser 8 years and have never had it to the shop for service. That doesn't mean that nothing has failed, but rather that it is easier to take care of it than to take it in, even if it is only 20 minutes away.

Having said that, we just took it to Camping World yesterday to have the bedroom slide topper replaced. Jiffy Lube ran it into their facility and even that has been a hassle actually getting them to pay, even though they agreed in advance.

Tschuess, Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Wow gang, we had a 1996 Brave purchased new that was NEVER in the shop for repairs only routine maintenence.

Our current 2004 Journey was at Winnebago to have floor work done due a design flaw and for the refrigerator recall but otherwise it's only been in the shop at Winnebago and Freightliner for the routine stuff.

Our trip in late September is for add-ons.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

DIRK: Is there a story behind "they ran it into their facility and has that been a hassle getting them to pay, even though they agreed in advance"?
Old 08-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Don't go in the early spring, they don't have a spring. In mid April snow was still several feet deep on the road sides and the roads were ice covered. Salt trucks everywhere.