Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just had some warranty work completed on the coach and everything was completed in a timely manner. The thing that makes the service center work smoothly are Angela, Carline and Betty those ladies are a treasure of information and knowledge. The rest of the people there are also great to deal with but the ladies upfront are the main contact for the customer during your stay.
KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just had some warranty work completed on the coach and everything was completed in a timely manner. The thing that makes the service center work smoothly are Angela, Carline and Betty those ladies are a treasure of information and knowledge. The rest of the people there are also great to deal with but the ladies upfront are the main contact for the customer during your stay.
KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Isn't Angela a gem? The last time we were there I told her boss he better hang on to her because finding someone as good would be really tough.

Some people can be pretty obnoxious and she never seems to lose her cool.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Those ladies are real gems along with Jill at the Lodge

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have to agree that they are very nice, last year when we went for service they watched our dog and cat while we took the factory tour. Service that was performed was also top notch.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
garybtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

It sure is GREAT that they treat you GOOD fixing all their mistakes after you travel ALL those miles.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The problems with my coach were not created by Winnebago but by the dealer that broke things. The dealer changed my seat belt on the drivers side as they had cut it and messed up the seats. I will gladley spend for the miles to get service at the factory than deal with any dealer.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobpie:
It sure is GREAT that they treat you GOOD fixing all their mistakes after you travel ALL those miles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it is good; at least you can get an appointment with Winnebago with no hassle and they will do their best to work you in even if you show up without an appointment.

That is in stark contrast with my friend's (a three time Fleetwood owner) experience with Fleetwood.
My friend has a 2002 Fleetwood and spent two years trying to get an appointment with a Fleetwood factory to have a spongy floor and a leaky slide repaired. They kept making him go to dealers that couldn't seem to repair the problems.
He finally got the appointment last fall and after their repairs the floor is okay but the slide still leaks.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:29 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

GaryBTT: I can sure relate to bad dealers. I have been to several. However, I don't know where you live, but just as a reference, I visited one yesterday at Exit 69 on I-75 in Ohio. The name is "Dave Arbogast RV". He is a recent Winnebago appointed dealer. He handles many very other good lines. His service department was excellent. Courteous and efficient and very well equipped. They have certified technicians for a full service shop. They gave me an appointment for 3 days after I called. The work was done quickly and no mess. I am in no way connected to them, just thought I would let others know about a good one. The factory is probably and should be the best place, but there is just no way I want to go to Forest City Iowa.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Please do everyone a favor and go to http://RVServiceReviews.com and record your service experience, if you have not already done so. This is the only place on the internet where RV owners can document their RV service experiences. There are over 1760 reviews available nationwide and in Canada.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

bobpie..You sure got that one right.I'll never understand the "love affair" with Forest City.
lenOrge

2003 Brave 34D
2001 Tracker
lenOrge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobpie:
It sure is GREAT that they treat you GOOD fixing all their mistakes after you travel ALL those miles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BINGO! I'm glad the Winnebago techs and service writers at Forest City are "nice", but there are lots of us that aren't retired or have a desire to drive half way across the country for repairs....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:

BINGO! I'm glad the Winnebago techs and service writers at Forest City are "nice", but there are lots of us that aren't retired or have a desire to drive half way across the country for repairs.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your opinion is valued, so do the forum a favor and give us a suggestion or comment that is productive or helps people with issues that may arise with our motorhomes.

Thanks
Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimandsue60:
Your opinion is valued, so do the forum a favor and give us a suggestion or comment that is productive or helps people with issues that may arise with our motorhomes.

Thanks
Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do try to help out folks with their problems and concerns on this board. (thank you for your concern). These trips to Forest City though make me laugh...we flat shouldnt have to do that. Good Sam Club recently reported the #1 item that is a concern for most RV'ers is Quality Construction. Just curious what issues you have with your '07 Vectra that you are driving to Forest City to get repairs on....

I thought lenOrge and Bobpie hit the nail on the head! Not all of us have a desire to drive to Forest City for repairs, or have the time to. I think it's fine and dandy some people make the trip to Forest City....just think we shouldn't have to...
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

I'm just trying to figure out why we have all of these issues with our coaches that most of the problems should have been caught by the quality control division and corrected at that time. I believe that winnebago does do a better job at building MH's than several other builders and builds a quality coach, but come on, your talking quarter of a million dollar coaches here that I am reading about having a lot of the problems. At least I don't have most of the same problems. We all want things to work right and I understand things do go wrong with vendors products etc. and I, "we" are not bashing winnebago at all, just stating facts. IMHO. I also do suggest or comment productively and try to help as I can. We just wish we could get our coaches fixed right the first time and locally within a reasonable amount of time. I don't think that is much to ask of a billion dollar company. Just ship it and let someone else fix it should not be the attitude. Poor dealers, Poor consumers. There just shouldn't be that many "Issues" with these coaches in the first place. It sounds to me like every one who buys a new coach SHOULD expect a major problem with there brand new coach and accept it as such. What ever happened when MADE IN THE USA ment getting a quality product, not something that is going to break or be broken when we get it. I wish you all GOOD LUCK in getting your motor home fixed to your satisfaction and meeting all the nice people at Forest City.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

FrontRangeRVer, I apologize for singleing you out. But posts made without any suggestion on how to rectify a situation just bother me. I am also guilty of it at times. I have read your posts and I agree that you do try to help people, thank you. My post was directed at your specific comments in this thread.

You really didn't have to guess that I am retired or heading to Forest City, you just had to read some threads that I have posted on.

I am glad that you get a laugh from people driving their coach to the factory for repairs, but it is what has to be done at times. When you live in a motorhome you have to minimize downtime. Winny suggested that I 1st take my coach for repairs to lazy days where we bought it. But after seeing some less than desireable maintenance performed on our coach I opted to bring it to the factory for repairs. You are correct, we shouldn't have to have our coaches repaired at all just out of the factory, but in an imperfect world stuff happens. Things break, sometimes after it leaves the factory and fortunately I am retired and on my way to Forest City.

Whether good sams or anyone says that "Quality Construction" is the # 1 concern of consumers is correct, regardless of the product. I was an aircraft mechanic for 20 years or so and had to do repairs on brand new Boeing 757's, Airbus A320's, Bell Helicopters, etc. The key was to have trained personel to do the repairs. Here in lies the problem, there are so many different rv's and rv systems out there and so few qualified people to do the repairs. Rv dealers typically don't give specific training on rv systems.

There is only one item that is bringing our new Vectra to Forest City, and that is a right slide lower rub plate has come loose of the slide on one end. It is like a skid plate that rides on a ramp as the slide comes all the way in. Winny thinks that the slide will have to come off for the repair. Since this is a new model with a larger slide I didn't want a dealer repair shop getting (OJT)training on my coach. Yes I have other discrepencies, but nothing I could not have dealt with myself.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

too bad the dealer network does not work as the factory service.
TXDrifter165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Seems my local dealer has had a about face and now believes service will bring back customers. We have our coach for 6 months now and all 3 coach batteries tested bad with one dead cell in each. My dealer replaced them without problem and almost immediately, they even called me sir and if they could do anything else for me. After they picked me up from the floor I said Thank You and was speachless.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

O'kay Gary are you prepared to reveal who the good dealer is? Hopefully I won't need one but if I do it would be nice to know the drive from Lake George was worth it. We are workamping here for the summer. So far we have had no real problems but you never know.

Hope you are enjoying your Horizon as much as we are ours.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Meyers RV in Churchville, NY. They are now a Freedonroads dealership maybe that is what made the change,I just hope it stays this way.