Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2005, 06:06 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Hi John....Welcome to the leaky bedroom slide club. We were in Forest City in July for Service, one of the items was the leaky bedroom slide. At that time there were at least 10 other coaches with the same problem, some Ultimates, some 39K Journeys and us Horizon/Vectras. We went through service twice while there. Each time they tried something different. We are now down to it only leaking sometimes. They have a new double seal they put in ours. They using this seal also in the 2006 model.

2010 View 24K
warrenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:36 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Hello Warrenh, I'm headed to the factory next week for my one year warranty work and on the long list of items below is the bedroom slide leak, did you request the double seal or was it the last effort for them. Also I mentioned in previous post I was going to freightliner first and they had to change my appointment so I will have the factory take care of the overheating/fan problem. Also just curious how this list compares to others. I have also found that a tube of clear liquid nails took about seven small items off this list, somewhat dissapointing about all the problems but I still love the coach.

Ben Lucchese – 2005 40kd Horizon #818-681-5269 Service date 10/17/05
Work order Conf. # 44039 Seiral # 70f43059 Attn: Chuck 1-641-585-6967
Problems to be addressed:
1) Dishwasher rear cabinet mount broken – unit tips forward when pulled out.
2) Washer and dryer support shelf broken – proped up with board now needs extra heavy support to carry heavy load of unit when in use.
3) Engine battery drains after a week
4) Keyless entry never has worked, originally was replaced at the factory upon pick up and worked for only 1 day.
5) Kitchen wall GFI dead
6) Shower valve- rust running down wall
7) Living room slide awning fabric - corner loose
8) Lumbar support handel on passenger chair broken
9) Water comp.– checked fuses and still Water hose real & Level monitor dead
10) Rechargable flashlight does not work
11) Toilet paper holder broken – bolt stripped
12) Electric cord reel always hangs up for the last 5 feet
13) Awning wind sensor does not work when switched on
14) Hyd. Jacks very slow coming up (10-15 minutes sometimes)
15) Bathroom hall wall very loose by the floor and interior floor moulding loose
16) Bedroom slide leaks in heavy rain.
17) Bedroom vanity sink stopper broken and wall socket loose
18) Front DVD player won't play DVD
19) Hallway door by kitchen gets stuck when trying to open, bad scrape along bottom.
20) Air Horn dead but blows when setting the cruise control
21) Cabinet to the right of dishwasher by oven – stain very blochey
22) Align exterior cabinet doors, latches hard to open.
23) Drivers seat motor slow and whining when moving back
24) Rest easy couch motors very slow and needs assist to bring up
25) Kitchen slide couch window latch dose not line up
26) Two broken drawer latches
27) One 2 way radio won't charge
28) GE speedcook oven dead – power to plug but unit dead
29) Loud rattle/banging around entry step when driving
30) External tv coax cable connection loose into back – bad picture
31) Engine overheats (210-220) under minor uphill load have to down shift to third to stay under temp. Fluid level is fine.
32) Dash plastic coating peeling over Radio area
33) Front roof cap has large cracks in the bonding
34) Passenger side leather sofa bed, lower portion of couch used to pull out to recline into bed is loose or broken.
35) Big Gust of wind caught the front door and opened to far now closes hard.
36) Light behind electric water heater switch is out
37) Metal band molding on top front step is loose
Requested service:
1) One year recommended check up
2) Any avaliable upgrades, improvments or recall issuses.
3) 1st. schedualed Lube and oil for chassis
4) Gen set service and lube.

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Hi Ben...They are now only using the double seals on the bedroom slide. On my coach they only replaced the two side seals the first time through service. When we were in Forest City, July of this year,it rained almost every day. Well it still leaked. They took it back in the next day and changed the top seal.
We have had some of the same problems as you have on your list.
Your number 3)All of the Horizon/Vectras and some other model have this problem. Winnebago has too many electrical items connected to the chassis batteries that discharge them. Winnebago will try to sell you a Trik-L-Start to solve this problem. I think they should give it to us.
Number 4)We had the key pad replaced at the factory, the new one has a rubber gasket behind it.
Your number 13)They replaced our rooftop sensor and control box. It now works,but sometime retracts with a small breeze and other times it takes a big wind for it to retract.
The factory service may not be perfect, but they are light years better than the dealer service out there. Forest City is a nice little town and the people are friendly. You do need to be retired to spend the time there to get everything fixed.

2010 View 24K
warrenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:44 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I was told 4 days so I allowed a full monday thru friday week starting on the 17th of this month. I sure hope this solves all the problems within reason because California is a long way away and don't want to come back for service unless years from now to pick the new next latest and greatest !!LOL!! This is my third winne and have been happy with all of them but this one has had more problems that both of the others combined, but it also has more gajets than both combined also so go figure.

Thanks for the help!
Ben!!

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Old 10-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #25
GG1
Winnie-Wise

If everything on your list gets fixed and nothing else goes wrong for the next two years consider yourself very fortunate,,,or very luckey
Old 10-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Lucchese1

By all means, make sure you come back to this forum and give us an update on your repairs. I'm sure we'd all be interested in hearing from you. Although, a 7 items per sign-up sheet, you might be there a couple weeks or longer and by then, you'll be out of warranty.

Radarr
Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Just to update, I had to postpone my factory trip till 11/28/05 due to my wifes last minute 1 week hospital visit. I called and talked with the service dept. and they said as long as I had a work order conf.# and all the items documented with them I could make an appointment beyond the 1 year warrenty date with no problem. I also was told that my list of all the problems was fine. I hope the wheather will not bo to bad then but o'well I'll deal with it. After the trip I will fill you all in.

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Old 10-17-2005, 07:14 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Ben hope wife is ok remember toys can alway be fix or replaced but loved one time is short and that time should be use to its fullest.

Prays to you and your wife
Mark
Old 10-26-2005, 09:17 AM   #29
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radarr:
Lucchese1

By all means, make sure you come back to this forum and give us an update on your repairs. I'm sure we'd all be interested in hearing from you. Although, a 7 items per sign-up sheet, you might be there a couple weeks or longer and by then, you'll be out of warranty.

Radarr </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Radarr, just out of curiousity Sir,what kind of coach do you own?

Having read through the three pages of Winnie factory repair posts,it's not hard to see your seemingly distaste for Winnie products.
Just wondered....

A) How that distaste evolved....

B) Why,if you have such a distaste,do you bother to read the Winnie forums?

While I appreaciate all sorts of advice from personal experiences,I think I get your point...
I owned a 2004 Journey 39W,which was my first MH after two fivers. While I admittedly made a mistake in buying one off the lot and not getting my "fave" options the first go around,I did a load of research on other brands and after almost buying a 42' 2004 Dynasty, came right back to Winnie.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:03 AM   #30
Winnie-Wise

To all that replied:

Thank you for responding to my post and it was great to see that a lot of RVers are happy with their Winnebago Product and a little unhappy that there are some that are unhappy.

One put it very nicely and that was we want to many bells and whistles on our coaches and that seems to be where the problem lies. I also noted at the factory there were a lot of the big rigs that had problems as against us small gas units. There might have been something wrong there where they built them but under no circumstances is that to say that all Winnebago products are bad. There is good and bad in everything, look at our government but that is not open for discussion at least here.

Finally I would like to say something that is bothering me and that is how some of us RVers on this forum always want to knock Winnebago. Yes I have had 3 winne's and enjoyed the first two and am enjoying this one, however I haven't complained about how bad they build a unit as the problems are repairable. They build them just like other manufacturers and we should realize that this is a home on 6 tires bouncing down these crummy roads in the USA and they are some real rotten ones.I'm sure you all have repaired some things in your house and that is stationery. My suggestion would be to take it to your dealer, the factory or repair it yourself but don't always bash the manufacturer.

In closing I would like to thank all of you on this forum and others for the comments and suggestions but let's stop knocking Winnebago, Monaco, HR or others and instead help others with their problems, give helpful hints or tell what additions you have made to make our RV experience better or easier. In other words, enjoy the rv lifestyle and this land that God created!
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:02 AM   #31
Winnebago Master

Tom couldn't agree with you more "Enjoy RVing" is what its all about. There will be bumps in the road but most of us can handle them, some that can't we are here to help one another. Bashing doesn't solve ones problem, fixing it does, so we can "Enjoy RVing" "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #32
Winnebago Master

Many people talk about the "Right Stuff". You have the "Right Attitude". Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote