Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago needs to know that if their dealers don't correct this service problem, There will be a lot more Tiffin motorhomes on the road. Its as simple as that. Thanks for speaking out for all of us.

2009 Vectra 40WD
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Thanks ChiefJohn for responding. I am sure we all appreciate your time and effort in this. Their response is typical from what I have been told over the last 3 years. Understand, I am a Winnie fan so my intention is to help not hinder this dealer support issue but it is real and as another poster said, I will think long and hard about buying another Winnie without a dealer or a dealer who cannot take care of coach problems when they arise. I also realize we are in some very difficult times right now so the good "dealers plates" may already be full with selling and servicing other brands they have sold for years. Let's hope Winnie can overcome this issue in due time.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I've printed this thread with all your responses and providing the feedback to the Service Administration folks. Thanks for all the responses. The service here at the factory has been outstanding!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Put this thread to bed with a closing post -- the folks here at Winnebago are ahead of the game and have been following this thread since its start. In my case, the respective dealers have been contacted. Its reassuring knowing that Winnebago management follows the RV forums, in particular 1RV2.com, and is proactive to our concerns.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Probably a day late which is a shame, but one comment on here actually highlights part of the issue.

"I will say that because of buying a coach from this dealer I now get front of the line privileges."

Unless they do this outside of normal service hours (which they don't) then this is wrong. My dealer is going to extend the same thing to me. It means that others gets bumped. The issue here is that we bought a winnebago product - not a dealer product. Just like a car it should be serviced based on when it arrived with the issue and get the same treatment as the next guy....

There are some dealers reported as delaying everybody that didn't buy from them with 3 months!!!! While most aren't as bad bumping others is just not right.

Personally I think it violates the Uniform Commercial Code implied and expressed warranty section, but we won't know unless someone gets really ticked off....

Probably a day late with this though.
mikeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

I don't believe this is a day late at all, and is the actual root of the problem.

Most of my local dealers have all gone under in the last year - at least all the ones within a 100 mile radius of San Francisco. None of the two left within 300 miles of my location have the model I want in stock.

So I am forced to look at buying from a remote dealer and then trying to get local support.

Of the two left within 300 miles, one already has a very bad reputation for service. How do I know that the one left won't constantly bump me in favor of their local customers ?

As a potential buyer, should I expect some sort of follow-up from Winnebago on this ? How pro-active is pro-active ?
mtownsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I agree with all that believe it's unfair to bump service customers for those that bought from the dealer. Even when I am the beneficiary of the favor, it's inherently unfair. Mikeak echoed my own thoughts. Also, with dealers carrying so little inventory and the high cost of RVs, the need to go geographically further to purchase will put more pressure on the manufacturer to make sure this type of customer isn't treated like a second class citizen.

My repair shop of choice is not a dealer for any brand, but is the best repair shop around, in my opinion. He is also a Workhorse authorized warranty shop (my Itasca dealer sends his Workhorse work there). Maybe the dealers need some good old-fashioned competition. Make some of the better shops authorized warranty and repair centers. That might get the dealers' attention.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Provided an "iRV2.com" decal to the Winnebago Customer Service Center manager and asked that it be displayed in the lounge. Winnebago/Itasca owners may wish to join our internet forum.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Excellent Service

Last month while traveling from NY to FL we had an issue with one of our windows that needed attention prior to returning north. I contacted Sun Coast RV in Jacksonville and without hesitation they ordered the part and scheduled the installation. their immediate and caring attention took the stress out of our issue. They are now my southern service center and I would highly recommend them to my fellow RVers. Len
LKANER is offline   Reply With Quote