Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

DW wife decided that the recliner we bought a couple of years ago to replace the non-recliner that came with the motor home is no longer suitable.
So we just bought a Berkline real leather recliner. I was able to remove the hoop from the bottom of the existing chair and install it on the new one so it rotates. I modified the hold down clamp to fit the new position of the new chair.
Now DW has decided that the table attached to the wall behind the passenger side captain's chair needs to be moved about six inches forward.

Winnebago puts steel plates in the walls and ceilings to attach things to and I need to know how wide the plate is.
I could use a metal detecting stud finder but decided to call Winnebago before going that route.
Customer service is emailing me a print of the sidewall with dimensions of the steel plates.
I think it's neat to get that kind of support.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

DW wife decided that the recliner we bought a couple of years ago to replace the non-recliner that came with the motor home is no longer suitable.
So we just bought a Berkline real leather recliner. I was able to remove the hoop from the bottom of the existing chair and install it on the new one so it rotates. I modified the hold down clamp to fit the new position of the new chair.
Now DW has decided that the table attached to the wall behind the passenger side captain's chair needs to be moved about six inches forward.

Winnebago puts steel plates in the walls and ceilings to attach things to and I need to know how wide the plate is.
I could use a metal detecting stud finder but decided to call Winnebago before going that route.
Customer service is emailing me a print of the sidewall with dimensions of the steel plates.
I think it's neat to get that kind of support.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thank goodness Winnie still has the staffing to provide that level of support I have been very appreciative of their level of customer care.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

There's a reason why you rarely see Winnebagos mentioned in magazine "intervention" columns. While all RVs have their share of problems, Winnebago is smart enough and responsive enough to stay on top of most problems.

Plus, with the economy in such trouble, it's good to see a company that is still doing the right thing.

Jack
Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

IMO you will not find a better co to deal with. They back up their product and give great cust support. I will never buy anything other than a winnie. Safe Travels
Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Right after I made the post above they sent me two PDF files - one for each sidewall.

Each file contains seven prints for the appropriate sidewall.
I should now be able to get the info I need.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I just needed to chime in on how happy I am with the Winnebago support. A month ago I crunched three basement doors on the passenger side of my '04 Horizon on a rock somebody placed too close to the edge of the corner. Roy Robinson in Marysville, WA. is doing the repair and was able to order the doors. One was in stock and the other two had to be fabricated. It's in the process of repair now.

Like most of us I looked at a lot of different MH companies before selecting Winnebago. One of them was Country Coach and I still read a CC newsgroup. I felt sorry of one of their owners who had been trying to order a basement door for a couple of months from the company and through a dealer and so far he has had no luck.

If I had chosen any number of other manufactures I too would have been SOL!

Just my two cents.

By the way I posted a couple of pictures of the damage and the repair process on my blog if your interested.

http://normansonthehorizon.blogspot.com/