Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #1

Winnebago Customer Service

This afternoon was the first time I got customer service that was above and beyond. I registered our new to us unit and then sent in a question about a small problem we were having. The registration and question were sent about 9:00pm pacific time yesterday.

Today I received the reply with a step by step fix-it written narration and links to everything Winnebago that I could possibly need.

The accompanying letter thanking me for buy our "New To US" Adventurer was fitting for a brand new unit. If this is the standard then I feel good about our purchase.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
This afternoon was the first time I got customer service that was above and beyond. I registered our new to us unit and then sent in a question about a small problem we were having. The registration and question were sent about 9:00pm pacific time yesterday.

Today I received the reply with a step by step fix-it written narration and links to everything Winnebago that I could possibly need.

The accompanying letter thanking me for buy our "New To US" Adventurer was fitting for a brand new unit. If this is the standard then I feel good about our purchase.
Yes I have found Winnebago customer support to be great in the two times I have had to contact them.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Ditto Possum, when I did the same thing last year I'd have thought I just spent +$100k on a brand new unit.

They even sent me a package in the mail containing a bunch of info on tours of the factory, the owners group and all sorts of stuff.

Top-notch customer service, somebody in the HQ's on the top of their game for sure!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

When we had the Minnie Winnie, we never had an issue with customer service. At one point, Ford was blaming Winnebago for a probelem and refused to fix it. One call to customer service and before winnebago called me back, Ford had called and said the problem was fixed. Winnebafo called the Ford delaer with a charge number and told them to fix the problem. Later they told me that they would take the issue up with Ford directly, just fix the RV for the dealer.

Ken
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I just recently purchased a used 1989 Chieftain that I am in the process of restoring. This is all very new to me, and sometimes I feel like I am totally in over my head. How do I register this used unit with Winnebago and get the type of help you are speaking of?
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knugent View Post
I just recently purchased a used 1989 Chieftain that I am in the process of restoring. This is all very new to me, and sometimes I feel like I am totally in over my head. How do I register this used unit with Winnebago and get the type of help you are speaking of?
You can go to their website www.winnebagoind.com and register the coach. You will need the coach serial number. With that serial number, you can access wiring diagrams, plumbing diagrams and other technical info about your coach on their website. What you cannot find on the website, you can get by calling customer relations or by sending an email with your request to [email protected].

I don't believe any other RV manufacturer provides as much info on even their older rigs as Winnebago.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I've never had a problem getting a response from their customer service dept., but it usually comes as an email saying please call an 800 number. Unfortunately the 800 number is always busy. When you are on the road, you don't always have the time or cell service that makes the "call me" response practical. I admit that some issues are more complicated to discuss via email, but all of my inquiries were not that technical and I feel could have been handled using email. By the way, I'm still trying to get through
LAT-LON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAT-LON
I've never had a problem getting a response from their customer service dept., but it usually comes as an email saying please call an 800 number. Unfortunately the 800 number is always busy. When you are on the road, you don't always have the time or cell service that makes the "call me" response practical. I admit that some issues are more complicated to discuss via email, but all of my inquiries were not that technical and I feel could have been handled using email. By the way, I'm still trying to get through
Sorry to hear that, as I have received two calls and an email reply from Winnebago. I am wondering if they had your cell phone on file. Hope you have much better luck connecting in the future!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, winnebago