Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #221
Winnie-Wise

This is a web site that has the stuff I was talking about. Putting this stuff on would put an end to water damage or windshield leaks once and for all.

Truck and SUV Molding Stylish Look, Great Prices, AutoAmenity.com
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #222
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
This is a web site that has the stuff I was talking about. Putting this stuff on would put an end to water damage or windshield leaks once and for all.

Truck and SUV Molding Stylish Look, Great Prices, AutoAmenity.com
Those products look like body side molding, which I personally don't think will solve the problem. That molding might be useful for going across the top and bottom but it only is going to stick to the flat surface areas. It doesn't actually fit into the 'track' for the best fitment, which is what we really need.

Anything is worth a shot, but if you just want to make a seal, you can find 4" black electrical tape on Amazon that you can use as a 'seal', it's a lot more pliable when laying it down and can be easily removed and replaced. Black makes it look more factory-like, but long term, it's no replacement for pulling the windshields and doing a proper repair.

It's disappointing to me that no one from Winnebago, and a few others here, have no interest in posting in this thread. While I find no need to mention them by name, following the many threads in the Winnebago forum here makes my comment self-explanitory.

With winter and the rainy season almost upon us, it will be interesting to see if this thread has run its course, or if more Winnebago owners will find themselves with 'newly discovered windshield leaks', looking for help. -RT
Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #223
Winnie-Wise

Speaking of statistics is is noted that of the 222 posts to this thread 4 people have posted 101 times
Old 08-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #224
Winnebago Camper

Glad I stumbled across this post as I was informed by the company that replaced both windshields last year, the drivers side from a bullseye and the passenger side from a crack that started in the bottom corner at the center post, that they would not warranty their work because of rust. I thought that they were just getting out of warranting their work. Now I'm concerned.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #225
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Speaking of statistics is is noted that of the 222 posts to this thread 4 people have posted 101 times
Make that 225 posts and 4 people have posted 102 times. Perhaps as the owner of a 2012 Winnebago product you could help us all and have a look at your window brackets to see if they are coated? I would also like to thank all of those who have participated in this thread for making it the number one result when googling the words 'Winnebago' and 'rust'.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #226
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post

And your point is???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKANER View Post
Glad I stumbled across this post as I was informed by the company that replaced both windshields last year, the drivers side from a bullseye and the passenger side from a crack that started in the bottom corner at the center post, that they would not warranty their work because of rust. I thought that they were just getting out of warranting their work. Now I'm concerned.
Answered.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 11-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #227
Winnebago Camper

2005 Itasca Meridian, located in south MS, same rust issues.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #228

The point is well taken;;;;;; How many times Do I have to post I did not have any rust problems on our winnebago ;;;; Just Maybe I need to post it 202 times;;; I think this thread needs to go the way of the horse and Buggy;; Good by Life is good love is better,
Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #229
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
The point is well taken;;;;;; How many times Do I have to post I did not have any rust problems on our winnebago ;;;; Just Maybe I need to post it 202 times;;; I think this thread needs to go the way of the horse and Buggy;; Good by Life is good love is better,
Wouldn't have to post as often if you used fewer semi-colons.

Sounds like you don't want people to share ideas and problems with their RVs, the very point of this forum, I thought.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #230
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post

We got your corporate point in your first post (and the dozens since). If you want to save some typing energy, you might want to come down South and help me fix mine. You would probably use less total energy and make more people happy.

I don't own a Workhorse chassis so I have never had their braking problems. Therefore, I don't waste people's time by posting in that thread. I call it common courtesy.

Tags
rust, winnebago