Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama96 View Post
Someone put something in the toilet that they shouldn't have. Feminine product. Had to take the pump off and un clog.

kind of thought that was it. I think I will just make it the mans spot. hope the tank was not full
spanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

The funniest story I read on irv2 about a jammed macerator pump was about a couple who eat fresh cherries. He spit the pitts out. She didn't Needless to say, the pump was packed full of little stones.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonedmon View Post
I am thinking of buying the 2014 Winnebago 34B coach. Any advice?
No advice, but to say that I want one too! We have the 2010 Itasca Sunova 33C which is the same floorplan as the 34B only ours is the Ford chassis gas version. The only motorhome that I would consider trading ours in on would be a Journey/Meridian 34Y/34B! We love ours and love the couch opposite the TV on the wall.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

We researched for over a year before we pulled the trigger on a factory order at 27% off MSRP. We are midway through our first six month voyage in our '13 Adventurer 37f. Given the price I was very disappointed with the quality control, as there were and are still many little flaws that are simply poor workmanship. The drivers full length slide failed during the dealer PDI, worrisome to say the least. The biggest issue right now is the grey tank sensors are stuck on 2/3, no matter what I try, the least issue is I still have not found the CB wires, altogether I have taken apart most of the dash searching.

It seems inevitable that you will need to have something repaired, I highly recommend the factory for repairs if you find your self passing by on I90 or I80. Best to make an appointment. When we called in Aug. they were scheduling for early November.
WineLuvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineLuvrs View Post
We researched for over a year before we pulled the trigger on a factory order at 27% off MSRP. We are midway through our first six month voyage in our '13 Adventurer 37f. Given the price I was very disappointed with the quality control, as there were and are still many little flaws that are simply poor workmanship. The drivers full length slide failed during the dealer PDI, worrisome to say the least. The biggest issue right now is the grey tank sensors are stuck on 2/3, no matter what I try, the least issue is I still have not found the CB wires, altogether I have taken apart most of the dash searching.

It seems inevitable that you will need to have something repaired, I highly recommend the factory for repairs if you find your self passing by on I90 or I80. Best to make an appointment. When we called in Aug. they were scheduling for early November.
There should be a lable on a set of wires(Power) for the CB, you should be able to get to it from under neath and not have to take the dsh apart. Assuming they installed it
Old 10-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post

There should be a lable on a set of wires(Power) for the CB, you should be able to get to it from under neath and not have to take the dsh apart. Assuming they installed it
We agree on where the wires are supposed to be. I have searched thoroughly, no joy. My feeling is they were never installed. No worries if I really need the power I can always tap into the 12v line feeding the power port. Also the main reason I took the dash apart was to try and pull back the cable for the iPod. My guess is whoever decided to place the iPod cable way up in the overhead drivers cabinets has never actually owned an iPod. I was unable to pull the iPod connector cable through the body so I opted to purchase another cable from Jensen at half the price Winnebago wanted for the same part. Now we can actually use our gadgets and listen to the many hours of music we recorded for our road trip.dance:dance.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:32 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quote:
For the tank sensor, IF the electronics, connecting wires and sensors are good, try this. Buy a cheap brand dishwasher power that contains enzymes. Put a cup or more down the drain. In time this should clear the sensors.

NEVER put grease down the drain. Wipe the greasy plates pans and cooking things off with paper towel. Use Dawn for hand washing dishes because it dissolves grease best.

Now about your CB wire. Do you have a footrest pad on the left floor by the drivers foot? If you do, remove the two screws holding it down and remove it. That is where Winnebago hides most of the CB wires.

Happy Trails,
Rick
Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #28
Winnie-Wise

The tanks sensors should be mounted external of the tanks in that model year.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

34y or 34 B

I looked at the 34y and 34 B, Floor plans are really a personal thing. I ended

up with a 36M almost the same length but with the 36 M I was able to get the

Maxum chassis that had more vertical clearance in main storage area. I think the

34B has that also now. The 34B when closed up is a little tight getting around the

galley area for me enroute to the head. Bottom line is you will be happy with

either of these coaches. All new coaches will have a few issues you will need to

work out but Winnebago is a class act.

Rick From FLA
Rick FLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Jerichorick, Bug25 thanks.
I have removed all of the plastic covering on the left foot well of our mc, no CB wire, or if they are in fact there, they're not labeled as indicated in the manual.
One of the grand changes touted on the 2013 models is the use of outside tank sensors, obviating the need for the GEO, ice and other various remedies. However the new external sensors are apparently no better than the inside model they replaced. We have a diagnosis of failed sensors, unfortunately the dealer did not have the newer type sensors, so no joy there. At least we have the part number; the next time we are near another Winne authorized shop we can try again.

Thanks for the input nonetheless.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
The tanks sensors should be mounted external of the tanks in that model year.
This may be true, but in my last coach, with externally mounted sensors, we had false reading issues. The interior of the tank was corrupted with 'stuff' and the sensors were not the newer design that Winnebago is now using. Our black water tank readings were wrong most of the time. Using the dishwasher power did help for a while but the damage was too imbedded.

Because we NEVER purposely dump grease down the drain we don't expect to have trouble with the gray water tank. But the black water tank is trouble prone and we are treating it. So far it is not giving us any trouble. When we first started using the coach (Late May this year.) it had a bad odor from toilet when used. Since we started using the products I recommend above the odor is gone.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

I love my winnebago. But, all MHs have issues, especially at first. You will find things that will need attention. Hopefully your dealer is committed to customer concerns and he has a trained staff to perform te work. As well as the satisfaction with the motorhome, is your satisfaction with the dealer, and his ablility to service it. I reccomend the product, just make sure you buy from a dealer that can service it and really wants to keep you happy. Winnebago is firm on the "One Year Warranty" time line. You may want to investigate an extended warranty if you plan to keep it 5-10 years.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #33
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Jerichorick, Bug25 thanks.
I have removed all of the plastic covering on the left foot well of our mc, no CB wire, or if they are in fact there, they're not labeled as indicated in the manual.
One of the grand changes touted on the 2013 models is the use of outside tank sensors, obviating the need for the GEO, ice and other various remedies. However the new external sensors are apparently no better than the inside model they replaced. We have a diagnosis of failed sensors, unfortunately the dealer did not have the newer type sensors, so no joy there. At least we have the part number; the next time we are near another Winne authorized shop we can try again.

Thanks for the input nonetheless.
I am not certain of your SN of course. The following is where the typical wiring is located: http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...Adventurer.pdf. Look in section 3 page 11. If it is not as described call the factory support people listed in your owners manual.

Winnebago has not used internal sensors for years on their DPs. I can't speak of their gassers. If you have a bad sensor they will overnight it because you are still under warranty. Again, call them if you are on the road and tell them where you are. See what they offer for delivery help.

These simple things are very frustrating. I wish I could be of more help.
Rick
Old 11-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

We bought an Itasca Meridian 34B (2013) this year and have really enjoyed it. We have a problem with the drivers slide which is too long to detail, but it looks like a trip to the factory is coming up since the dealer has not been able to completely solve the problem. I agree with the comments in earlier posts about the nice livability items. We'e had some minor but preventable quality issues that surprised us in view of the cost and overall quality of the build. As an example the entrance door stop mechanism is fastened to the frame with 8 small screws. All but one fell out over time and I had to pop rivet the mechanism on one trip.

One surprise ( not a quality issue, but ...) was the limited coverage of the main awning. It is mounted to the body, not the slide, and as a result it does not provide much sun shielding in warm climates. The main systems are pretty robust and well thought out. The Freightliner chassis seems to be very sturdy. The drivers side mirror is a little awkward for me based on my sitting position, but it's still useable. Storage is great. Wife loves the stacked Washer/dryer. We changed from a 38 foot 5th wheel, so we're getting used to less living space.
I really love the tight turning radius.

This is our first Diesel pusher and one thing is absolutely critical- read the chassis manuals thoroughly. This is a complex machine with computer interactions that need to be understood.e.g.If you run low on radiator fluid the engine will shut down. There is some notice, but I did not expect the engine to shut down. Fortunately it was in the campground after our first night in the unit. Again, as a first timer, I had to learn how to properly use my foot on the brake pedal. We like our unit and are happy we chose it.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #35
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum CBTraveler!

Our last coach had the awning on the body. In my opinion that is one of the dumbest ideas Winnebago uses. One of the pluses for this present coach is the on the slide awning. This is the first motorhome that we have owned that has mostly plusses! Quality control is an issue but I understand this is true for all of the manufactures. Some are worse than others. We are the second owners and we are still correcting quality issues.

DPs are not a big deal. The engine filters, greasing and alignment are good areas to watch to prevent trouble. I use Royal Purple oil in my machines. It is a top rated product. Watch your air vacuum gauge, but don't keep your air filter over 5 years and changing it sooner is a good practice if you drive in a lot of dusty conditions.

I had a multi email discussion with Parker/Racor about shelf life and change cycles of the air filters. They recommend not using a filter over three years on the shelf. Once in service five years is within reason. I know this is not what the chassis manufacturer says but they are looking at worst case situations and warranty issues.

If you have not had a four corner weigh and full alignment yet, including ride height, I recommend doing so. If you can go to Gaffney, SC, Freightliner Custom Chassis manufacturer, to get these services done and have them check the chassis out in general you will be very pleased. Another benefit is that the hourly rate is better than the other dealers and the techs are trained well.

Happy trails and many great miles of RVing in you DP.

Rick

Your model is newer than ours but is very close in floorplan. Being 40' we have a little more room.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

1. Don't get excited on the day you pick up your rig. Do the walk through before you sign on the dotted line and inspect everything you can think of. We had a drain that wasn't connected. If you are not satisfied with this preliminary inspection refuse to take delivery.

2.Plan of using the rig right away and use every system you can. Even if you think there is a problem bring it to the attention of the dealer. Keep in mind how close the dealer is so you can go back.

3. Then use it again so that before the end of the first year you have exercised every system several times and they operate to your satisfaction.

4. Winnebagos are like most vehicles, some are good and some are not. You have to fight to get your money's worth.
Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorker View Post
1. Don't get excited on the day you pick up your rig. Do the walk through before you sign on the dotted line and inspect everything you can think of. We had a drain that wasn't connected. If you are not satisfied with this preliminary inspection refuse to take delivery.

2.Plan of using the rig right away and use every system you can. Even if you think there is a problem bring it to the attention of the dealer. Keep in mind how close the dealer is so you can go back.

3. Then use it again so that before the end of the first year you have exercised every system several times and they operate to your satisfaction.

4. Winnebagos are like most vehicles, some are good and some are not. You have to fight to get your money's worth.
Great advice!

Getting the RV dealer to fix the problem correctly is another crapshoot.

RVing would be so much simpler if we had more reliable service centers.