Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Winne Repair in Durham, NC area??

My coach is in Durham getting a paint job. The shop called me today and said they extended the bedroom slide but now cannot get it back in. This slide has been glitchy from the beginning and it usually responds if you start the big motor. However, they say they started the CAT and it made no difference.

So, I may need to find someone in the Durham area who can go there if necessary. Looking for any recommendations of reliable RV repair shops in that area....Winnebago dealer or perhaps a good mobile RV repair.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
My coach is in Durham getting a paint job. The shop called me today and said they extended the bedroom slide but now cannot get it back in. This slide has been glitchy from the beginning and it usually responds if you start the big motor. However, they say they started the CAT and it made no difference.

So, I may need to find someone in the Durham area who can go there if necessary. Looking for any recommendations of reliable RV repair shops in that area....Winnebago dealer or perhaps a good mobile RV repair.
if it is a hwh slide, call frank, hwh @ 563.724.3396.
hwh has excellent manuals on their website.
my hwh bedroom slide has 2 depressurizing solenoids, one for the extend and one for the retract function. when both are backed off about 3 turns, the slide can be pushed in by 3 strong men and a boy.
i added a fitting near the floor on the metal slide face between the closet and the bed so i can put a 3 ft long 2x4 outside the bedroom window across the wall studs and pull the slide in with a come along. i added a fitting on the floor near the heat register so that i can lock the slide in also.
the fittings and the strap came from one of the winne supplied fittings and strap for the front slide. i purchased another set of fittings and a strap from winnebage.com. for the front slide.
i also cut 3 2x4's (2 for front slide, 1 for rear) to use in the overhead to keep the slides from going out without a command.
my rear slide extended about 9'' while i was on the l-5 bridge between oregon and washington and would not stay retracted. that is a story too long to repeat here, but it is in the archives if anyone is interested.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Cruise America

888-769-5292
5412 US Hwy 70 West Durham, NC 27705 Gary, what a bummer. I am sure you did a search also. Found these folks in DURHAM. that might be able to point you in a good direction. Also found several in Raleigh but I know you would prefer folks in Durham..Good Luck and hope you get it resolved. jimmy
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Sorry you are having trouble. The local Winne dealer in Raleigh, NC (Bill Plemmons) has an excellent technician (Jeff). If you have not already solved the problem, I would give them a call. 919-231-8710

Good luck
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Gary, I sent you a PM with the name and phone numbers of a mobile rv tech in the area. While Plemmons service tech Jeff is excellent, I don't think they make housecalls, and Plemmons charges $115/hr.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I made some suggestions to the folks at the paint shop which they tried and the slide is working now.

I did locate a mobile repair tech in Raleigh and he was going to go there today if necessary. In multiple email conversations with him, he seem very knowledgeable and was very helpful. So, if anyone needs RV repair in that area, you may want to give him a try....his name was Dan Hellier and his company is ncrvsolutions.com.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Great Gary glad you found a resolution...Be Safe
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote