Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2019, 04:51 PM   #1
VFW Post 8639 Okolona Ken

Winegard

Is there anybody that has the winegard MV3500T in-motion on their
Motorhome. If so what receiver do you have to watch anything From Dish network. Thanks for any help Ronnie
tallmantwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Watched this with interest the last couple of weeks as we still have the MV3500T on our rig. Didn't respond because we are DTV subscribers.

I would call Dish directly. If they are anything like DTV (now AT&T), that will be a lesson in futility. Also try 3rd party folks that sell Winegard. We have had great luck with SolidSignal. They are happy to tell you, sell you or not.

The problem with the MV3500T is that, it has been discontinued for a number of years now. No parts support I can find. Also, it only receives SD. Winegard used to offer a HD interface, WB-2000, replaced by the WB-2700. Both now discontinued.

The upside of the MV3500T is that seems to have been well made. Ours is twelve years old, and just keeps on keeping on. Full disclosure: the gears are nylon or something and ours have worn a little, such that it searches a little to lock on. In an earlier post I described how I replaced a worn train gear with a gear I had taken from a Magic Chef microwave oven.

IVO the cost of a new comparable SD ($500+/-) dish or a new HD ($1800+/-) dish, we are well satisfied using the MV3500T for overnite stops, and running our HD tripod out from under the trees for longer stays.

Don't know if you have these, but here they are.

MOVIN' VIEW MV3500_REV 1-10.pdf

MOVIN' VIEW MV3500T_Rev 7-07.pdf

MV3500T_Troubleshooting.pdf

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:27 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Just going to remove it. I have a new king clear tailgator going in the place of the out of date winegard then rewire the surround sound to use it on my main tv. It kept asking for switch I didn't have the old one did just time to update to HD thanks for the help Ronnie
Old 02-27-2019, 07:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Ronnie, is your MV3500T in good enough shape there may be cannibalization opportunity? Specifically, elevation motor and gears, azimuth (train) gears, belt and motor, circuit board, GPS sensor, dish, arm and LNB.

After bragging earlier in this thread how well made this equipment is, we started getting a 575 code. Usually means LNB issue. So I crawled up, popped the dome, pulled the LNB. Turns out to be a match for the LNB in an old Falcon Folding DTV tripod dish we just hadn't got around to taking to Goodwill.

We are back in business, but then remembered you mentioned replacing yours.

As I was on the roof working, I heard my wife, son and two granddaughters chanting, " buy a new one, tightwad, buy a new one".

Nope. Matter of pride now. (does that goeth before the fall?)

Old 02-27-2019, 08:09 PM   #5

I can look think it moves up and down and around. Not home yet but I will be sometime in April when I get home I can make a video with it working only thing that is broke that I know of is a dip switch
Old 02-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Sounds like a plan! When these are working they excellent. But like many things with moving parts, they bring to mind that old movie line "60% of the time, it works every time".