Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Adventurer or Sightseer

Would you purchase a 2012 Winnebago adventurer 32H or a sightseer 33? Please share pros and cons of each. Thanks so much!
Binkbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We have a "second generation" 2013 Adventurer 32H. As far as I can tell there are very few differences between the 2012 and 2013 models. The main difference is the exterior front of the motorhome. In 2013 Winnebago changed the front cap of those made after October 1st to the same style use on the 2014 models. Those built before October 1st 2013 look exactly like the 2012 models.

One other difference is that the 2013 models have vinyl flooring in all areas except the bedroom and the front cab area. Other than that I believe they are almost identical.

Our floor plan has the large sleeper sofa on the drivers side and the dinette on the passengers side. It's a nice arrangement except when traveling with 2 dogs and it's time for lunch on the road. With the slide in the couch is so close to the dinette we have to send the dogs to the bedroom or deal with noses only a few inches from the dinner table.

A couple differences (my wife calls them negatives) is the higher ceiling. We're both somewhat height challenged and it's difficult to turn on and off the ceiling vent fan in the galley area. Also the microwave is a bit high making the bottom of the interior surface almost chin high rather than chest high. One other difference is that the cabinets in the dinette and seating area are also quite high. You have to reach over or stand on either the couch or dinette benches to reach to the back of the cupboards.

Our 2001 Adventurer had carpeting throughout except the kitchen and bath areas. It was very comfortable to walk on, but needed to be cleaned regularly(mainly due to our 2 cocker spaniels). We have found the vinyl flooring much easier to keep clean.

We have a little over 23,000 miles on ours and have had very few problems. We love the added room the full wall slide gives, but it has been troublesome. It's now into the factory service center for the second time for repairs. Having talked at length with the service advisors and technicians I believe they finally have a permanent cure for the problem, but only time will tell.

As I said earlier this is our second Adventurer. As far as I know it's the only motorhome (except the Itasca Suncruiser) Winnebago builds that has a drivers door. It makes life much easier at the gas pumps and when setting up in a campsite. I see the 2016 model 32D no longer has either the drivers door or the full wall slide. Some of the longer models still have the full wall slide, but I believe the drivers door is now history.

We plan to put over 100,000 miles on this one just as we did with our 2001. Hopefully our troubles are in the past and now it's just a matter of getting used to the differences between the two.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I wouldn't hesitate to own a Winnebago product. We had a 2007 Sightseer for 8 years and had no major issues.

IMO Winnebago has higher quality workmanship that any of the standard assembly line built coaches.

Pick the one that fits your lifestyle the best. Being that it is used I would have a dealer look it over.

If you are buying from a dealer consider getting a warranty.

A large portion of having a good ownership experience is the dealer who you choose for service. Check out the dealers service rating with other owners if possible.

Hope that helps
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Forza Tom, you obviously haven't read many posts from other Winnebago owners. Winnebago has a big problem over the years with the lack of quality control. Things like rusty, leaking windshield frames, side panel fiberglass crazing, clear coat paint that flakes off due to too thin of an application, front and rear door panels that fall off due to faulty glue application, body brackets that fall off due to improper prep work. Winnebago customer service doesn't want to discuss these problems and refuses to acknowledge any faults. I would advise everyone to do their homework before they buy Winnebago.
litewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by litewave View Post
Forza Tom, you obviously haven't read many posts from other Winnebago owners. Winnebago has a big problem over the years with the lack of quality control. Things like rusty, leaking windshield frames, side panel fiberglass crazing, clear coat paint that flakes off due to too thin of an application, front and rear door panels that fall off due to faulty glue application, body brackets that fall off due to improper prep work. Winnebago customer service doesn't want to discuss these problems and refuses to acknowledge any faults. I would advise everyone to do their homework before they buy Winnebago.
I have read enough to know that what I said is true. Comparatively they have the best quality of the major assembly line built units.

I recently contacted Winnebago and had a great experience. There are many posts that highlight good experiences with Winnebago products and customer service

I have owned 2 Winnebago's and did plenty or research prior to buying them and when comparing them to similar units there was a big difference.

Don't get me wrong the entire RV industry uses their customers and dealers as quality control.

None of my experience would stop me from buying a Winnebago product.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We purchased a 2012 Sightseer 33C over a 2012 Tiffin 32' Breeze and are very happy. We previously had a 2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V. We love the apposed front slides when opened up, although when closed, the isle is pretty tight. This would be the same for any MH with apposing slides, the slides have to go somewhere when closed. The ride on 22.5" tires is far superior to our older MH. It isn't air ride, but it is pretty darn good. The one thing I miss from the Suncruiser is the driver's door. I don't know if anyone else has ever had the need to access the fuse block in the corner at the driver's left foot, but it is impossible. I mean I don't care how small you are, there is no way get there. If there was a driver's door then one could stand outside and reach in through the open door. You may want to look at the new Adventurer 32D. It is the same size with a pretty enticing floor plan, and a driver's door.
rini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rini2 View Post
We purchased a 2012 Sightseer 33C over a 2012 Tiffin 32' Breeze and are very happy. We previously had a 2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V. We love the apposed front slides when opened up, although when closed, the isle is pretty tight. This would be the same for any MH with apposing slides, the slides have to go somewhere when closed. The ride on 22.5" tires is far superior to our older MH. It isn't air ride, but it is pretty darn good. The one thing I miss from the Suncruiser is the driver's door. I don't know if anyone else has ever had the need to access the fuse block in the corner at the driver's left foot, but it is impossible. I mean I don't care how small you are, there is no way get there. If there was a driver's door then one could stand outside and reach in through the open door. You may want to look at the new Adventurer 32D. It is the same size with a pretty enticing floor plan, and a driver's door.
The driver's door has been eliminated on the 2016 models.

32D floor plan:
Adventurer | Floorplans | Winnebago RVs

Exterior of the 2016 Adventurer:
Adventurer | Exterior | Graphics | Winnebago RVs

Here's a link to the brochure for the 2016 Adventurer:
http://winnebagoind.com/binaries/con...ital-bro.x.pdf

Note in the floor plan section there is no drivers door. If there is previous information showing a driver's door it's inaccurate. The brochures are printed only once at the beginning of the model year. If there are changes throughout the year they do not reprint the brochures.

In 2013 the first models came out with the front end identical to the 2012 models. On October 1st of 2013 they changed the front to look like the 2014 models. This was not reflected in any updated publications. We only found out about the changes by looking at units in stock at the dealers.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for your responses!
Binkbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Well which one did you end up purchasing? What was the deciding factor?
PatsDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, sightseer, vent, winnebago