Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Ok camping time is getting low so its time to start to do the upgrades to the Motor Home.
I have a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer with the fact shocks still on it I have read on this forum that most of the owners have changed out these and put on new ones.

Here is the questions now that monroe has started to make RV shocks which ones to use I would like to hear for people that have both so I can try to make right choce.
I can get the Bliss for 325.00 set of 4 sent to my door and then I can put them on my self.

The monroes can be ship to me overnight set of 4 for 224.00 and i can install this to.

Boy good thing my DW is letting me get a new toy an air compressor looks like i'll need it

Again thanks to the forum to help with the purchase.

Sorry about that the unit is on the Ford F-53 with triton V10
Old 09-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Ok camping time is getting low so its time to start to do the upgrades to the Motor Home.
I have a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer with the fact shocks still on it I have read on this forum that most of the owners have changed out these and put on new ones.

Here is the questions now that monroe has started to make RV shocks which ones to use I would like to hear for people that have both so I can try to make right choce.
I can get the Bliss for 325.00 set of 4 sent to my door and then I can put them on my self.

The monroes can be ship to me overnight set of 4 for 224.00 and i can install this to.

Boy good thing my DW is letting me get a new toy an air compressor looks like i'll need it

Again thanks to the forum to help with the purchase.

Sorry about that the unit is on the Ford F-53 with triton V10
Old 09-22-2005, 04:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I replaced the ones on my Sunflyer with Kone's.
They were exceptional, it handeled nearly as well as my Ultimate does.

I saw the guy who bought my Sunflyer at the last Shuttle launch and he and his wife immediately commented on how great the ride and handeling this Sunflyer was compared to prior coach.

RV Chassis Master did mine, he has a webstie with info., just do a google.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I used Monroes on a 99 Adventurer and was completly satisfied. Bilsteins are reported to give a stiffer rider while the Monroes are softer yet completly stable..Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

ichn2go stated it well I replaced factory Monroes at 14,000 miles on 2002 Adventurer 32V with Monroe Magnums.
KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:03 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Mark,

I'm not sure what chassis you have, but on our previous '99 Ford F53, I installed the Monroes and was also pleased with them.

When I bought ours, a place called Falls Auto Sping was running a special for free shipping if you bought 4. I don't know the company, but they provided me with good service and at a very good price.

If you do go with Monroes, check them out at Falls Auto . Looks like you can save a few dollars. 4 shipped to your door would be $ 180.00
Old 09-23-2005, 05:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Read my post in the Workhorse forum.

For probably the best price on Monroe shocks check with Advance Auto Parts
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:54 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have the same year as yours on the Ford chassis. I installed the Bilsteins, they are very firm and may very well give a more harsh ride then the Monroes. But I do know the Bilsteins make the MH handle great. No more side lean. It now goes where I steer it and not where it wants to go because of the road surface.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I've had both Bilstein's and Monroe Gas Mangum's. I think the Monroe's are a better solution for a good ride and handling. The Bilsteins are so harsh that you'll get a lot rattles and things break .... like the cheap Winne drawer guides (the plastic brackets at the back of each one).

You can get the Monroe's for $36.94 ea at Stengel Brothers. Workhorse put the fronts on under warrantee & bought the rear pair.
Link:http://www.stengelbros.com/catalog/557032_3374473.htm

Happy Trail,
Bill