Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-29-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I was just wondering where everyone stores their vacuum/broom and things like that. In our 5ver we had a closet for all of that. This weekend when we were transferring everything over to the new MH I realized I had no idea where to put them. Everything else fits fine..plenty of cabinet space for everything. I was thinking of taking out the swivel chair and using that space for a shoe rack and put a hook on the wall there for the broom.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I was just wondering where everyone stores their vacuum/broom and things like that. In our 5ver we had a closet for all of that. This weekend when we were transferring everything over to the new MH I realized I had no idea where to put them. Everything else fits fine..plenty of cabinet space for everything. I was thinking of taking out the swivel chair and using that space for a shoe rack and put a hook on the wall there for the broom.</span>

Old 01-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Vacuum under the bed. Ironing board and broom in lower compartment. I have the broom on clips to the inside of the front curbside compartment door.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Our vacuum is standing upright in the corner of the wardrobe closet and broom in outside compartment. Gotta have my recliner .
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We keep the broom in a corner behind the commode. Nearby we mounted a hand-vac on the wall. I also installed a central vac in a basement compartment with the outlet below the fridge. I haven't found a convenient place to store the attachments yet, so they stay in a box under the back edge of the rear bed.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also installed a central vac in a basement compartment with the outlet below the fridge. I haven't found a convenient place to store the attachments yet, so they stay in a box under the back edge of the rear bed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Ohhh..I didn't realize you could install a central vac yourself. I'm going to have to look into this. I loved the one we had in the 5ver.</span>

Old 01-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Well we're still finding the best spots for things in our 35J too. For the time being the broom is just inside the wardrobe closet, and once we pick up a small vacuum it will probably go there too. Though after seeing the Shop-Vac central vac install I'm tempted to go that route.

For us, shoes go outside in a shoe box - then the box can be brought in at night.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Shannone & Chad

Check out RV UPgrades, a sponser in these forums. Good products, good service, good prices. They sell a powerful Dirt Devil designed for such installations. There are also extensive posts from people who have done their own installations of the Dirt Devil and other central vac systems. Click on FIND at the top of the forum and uncheck "current forum only". Put in some term like Dirt Devil or Central Vacuum and see what shows up. The hardest part of the installation for me after finding a good location for the main box was routing the wiring up the wall next to the fridge. I had to move the switch from the inlet to a place up on the wall to minimize actions of small inquisitive children on the floor.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Tom that's a good point. In the Northwest I just worry about them getting wet. Your comment reminded me of my mom always telling me to tap my shoes to empty them when I was young and living in AZ, NM & TX - guess the move to Oregon spoiled me.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote