Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2019, 05:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Where is the Switch on my Winnie 39K?

Just Purchased a 2005 Winnebago Journey 39K and am still trying to learn how everything works and where the switches are. The rear closet light and clock radio next to the bed are on and I cannot find the switch to cut them off. I can cut them off from the chassis disconnect switch on the dash but I feel sure there is a switch somewhere in the bedroom to solve this problem. Can anyone with a 39k tell me where the switch is.
Thanks,
Mike Crowther
Crowther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I do not have your rig so I am just throwing out some ideas. If the radio is built in, much like the radio on the dash it most likely does not have an external switch. You would have to use the switch on the radio. As for the closet light have you checked the light itself for a small rocker switch. There may even be a pressure switch near where the door closes.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The operator manual and wiring diagrams for you rig are located here:

https://winnebagoind.com/service

They should supply some clues, especially the wiring diagram (12v Body).

Note, there are other resources at the above link that you'll find useful in the future such as plumbing diagrams, etc.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowther View Post
Just Purchased a 2005 Winnebago Journey 39K and am still trying to learn how everything works and where the switches are. The rear closet light and clock radio next to the bed are on and I cannot find the switch to cut them off. I can cut them off from the chassis disconnect switch on the dash but I feel sure there is a switch somewhere in the bedroom to solve this problem. Can anyone with a 39k tell me where the switch is.
Thanks,
Mike Crowther
You've been given some good answers. Now, if you're speaking of the closet lights INSIDE the closet, there is NO switch, per say. That is, there is no exterior switch that you manually operate, to turn the closet lights on and off. Those lights are activated by the door switches. You may have one of the door switches out of adjustment. We have three closet doors in our '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the CAT C-7 330HP and, each door has its own switch. One of mine was so positional that, if I even slightly pulled on one of those doors, the lights would turn on. So, I just readjusted the door switch to that it was not tuning the lights off when the door was 99.99% closed.

It now turns the light off way before it's finished closing.

AS far as your clock, yep, ours did the same thing. I opened up the radio and re-wired it and installed a small toggle switch on the outside case of the radio. When we hit the sack at night, the DW just reached over and flipped that toggle. Radio lights out.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2006 Winnie 39k.
On mine, the rear closet light has two metal pushbuttons, one on both the left and right side vertical section of the sliding door frame. If either door is open, even a little bit, the light is on and it is off if the doors are both latched into their respective sides. I don't know of any other switch.
The clock radio next to the bed always has power to it. On mine, if I just graze the volume control it turnes the radio on. Pretty annoying. I don't use the radio and have removed it. Now I have more storage space on that side of the bed!
paulooch1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Have you checked out the Journey Owners' Group?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/290918571242216/

There's a lot to be said for an owners' group that is specific to your model.
calendarboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch