Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Where did all the schematics go?

For years Winnebago products had a wonderful support program found in the companies website under the title of "Resources". In most cases what you needed to troubleshoot most electrical problems, as well as other systems, was there for you to glean through. All of this changed in 2010, the year basement A/C disappeared and major design changes went into effect. Each model years since new models are being added and new features are being introduced to existing model names. The electrical circuits are becoming more and more complex as well as the other systems that make these things function as a unit.

On several occasions I tried to lend a had to a fellow irv2 member by going to the Winnebago Resources page for needed information. I could not help the poor poster because no good information was available for their 2010+ model year rig. For us with "newer" Winnebago products troubleshooting is often a process of "by gim or by golly".

In my frustration I started to formulate a letter to the CEO of Winnebago, Mr. Happe. I am including what I sent to him here along with the reply I received.

I heartily urge all with post 2010 Winnebago products to send your own, respectfully worded, letter of concern to Mr. Happe. We, as a group, may get the needed resources reinstated if we stand together. What do we have to loose? And Winnebago? All they will do is regain their reputation for having the best resource in the industry. Sounds like a winn winn to me. (No pun intended.)

I wonder if he would be willing to meet with us at this years GNR?

Happ(e)y trails,
Rick Y
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CEO.pdf (217.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf Winnebago reply.pdf (983.5 KB, 159 views)
Old 04-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

More BS from Winnebago!
CFSUNRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFSUNRISE View Post
More BS from Winnebago!
Please, do something about it. Write! I gave you all the information.

Rick Y
Old 04-17-2016, 06:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I'm sure glad I previously printed and downloaded the files for the schematics for my coach.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I just checked the website and all the diagrams for my coach are still there. I don't understand what's supposed to have changed.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
For years Winnebago products had a wonderful support program found in the companies website under the title of "Resources". In most cases what you needed to troubleshoot most electrical problems, as well as other systems, was there for you to glean through. All of this changed in 2010, the year basement A/C disappeared and major design changes went into effect. Each model years since new models are being added and new features are being introduced to existing model names. The electrical circuits are becoming more and more complex as well as the other systems that make these things function as a unit.

On several occasions I tried to lend a had to a fellow irv2 member by going to the Winnebago Resources page for needed information. I could not help the poor poster because no good information was available for their 2010+ model year rig. For us with "newer" Winnebago products troubleshooting is often a process of "by gim or by golly".

In my frustration I started to formulate a letter to the CEO of Winnebago, Mr. Happe. I am including what I sent to him here along with the reply I received.

I heartily urge all with post 2010 Winnebago products to send your own, respectfully worded, letter of concern to Mr. Happe. We, as a group, may get the needed resources reinstated if we stand together. What do we have to loose? And Winnebago? All they will do is regain their reputation for having the best resource in the industry. Sounds like a winn winn to me. (No pun intended.)

I wonder if he would be willing to meet with us at this years GNR?

Happ(e)y trails,
Rick Y
rick, maybe I don't understand the issue. I looked up the wiring schematic for your Meridian on the Winnebago website and it appears to be quite complete. ????

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I know I have seen where the 12 volt diagrams are missing. Is everything past 2010 like that? I don't know where I'd be without those.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
I know I have seen where the 12 volt diagrams are missing. Is everything past 2010 like that? I don't know where I'd be without those.
the "Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation" for the OP's Meridian seems to be
there. again, maybe I'm misunderstanding. are the schematics not as complete as before??? they seem pretty complete to me.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

But no "Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram". That's the actual schematics.

Will they email them to you if you ask? The response from Winnebago kind of implies that.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:

Will they email them to you if you ask? The response from Winnebago kind of implies that.
tim, did you look at the products on the Winny web site? what's missing that you need??? trying to understand.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

I have the 12 volt schematics for mine. Just like Rick I have noticed missing schematics, the "Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram" too when looking for info on later models, like his Meridian. That's all.

Here's mine if you haven't seen one.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
tim, did you look at the products on the Winny web site? what's missing that you need??? trying to understand.
I'm trying to understand also. I find "Body, 12 volt wiring installation" and I looked up some 2015's and the "12 volt installations" were there. Then I looked up a 2009 model and they have both "12 volt diagrams" and "12 volt installations" listed separately. Looking at the 2009 "12 volt diagrams", they are very detailed and they are not listed for the 2010 models. OK, I think I've got it now.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
I just checked the website and all the diagrams for my coach are still there. I don't understand what's supposed to have changed.
You have diagrams for instillation, yes. But you don't have schematics or wiring diagrams. You can see where many pieces and parts are located but you have no idea how they are wired together. Look at your model for the 2009 year. Look at "Body, 12V Wiring Diagram" for instance. Just compare the choices available for that model for 2009, 2010 and 2011. Do you now see what is missing? This is the case for all of us after 2009.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:18 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:

I have tried on several occasions with no success.

Please folks, take a look in Resources for 2009 and before. There is a bunch of much more useful information available for wiring.

There is little that can be done with an Installation Diagram. I come from the word of schematics for troubleshooting. The basic harness diagrams tell you nothing. You can not troubleshoot with them efficiently. Believe me when I tell you that the lack of these schematics is costing you big bucks when you are forced to take your rig to the shop to find a 12V electrical problem. Without the proper, up to date, schematic available to the one doing the troubleshooting it becomes a crap shoot of guess work. At $140/hour can you really afford RVing after words?

Please, take me seriously. We owners of 2010+ models are in jeopardy. I have helped many folks with earlier model who have posted 12V problem questions by referring to the appropriate schematic. Can I help you find where your slide power is fed from? NO! What of your lighting circuits or A/C 12V sources? No way. I can no longer be of assistance because all of the required information is no longer published by Winnebago.

Happy trails until you have an electrical problem.

Rick Y
Old 04-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Can't trace 12V wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
I'm sure glad I previously printed and downloaded the files for the schematics for my coach.
This is a serious issue. Because we no longer have access to our 12V system wiring we have no real way of tracing wiring problems. Each wire is labeled on the wire and on the wiring diagram I am referring to that is not posted for us to use. Also, each component is listed as wired which give troubleshooting a big boost. As of 2010 we have to hunt and hope that we are following the trouble in the correct direction. Folks not familiar with what I am speaking of need to take the time to go to a post 2010 Resource page and look for themselves. Bring up some of the 12V diagrams and see the difference in the usefulness of each. I continue to encourage each of you to write a snail mail letter to the CEO of Winnebago. We need these resources reinstated. Please, take a few minutes to cut and past my letter into your word processor, edit where you need and send it off to Winnebago. If enough mail comes from existing post 2009 owners expressing this concern we may all gain back what was a wonderful resource that was the heart of the Resource page for Winnebago product owners.

Sincere thanks to those who join me in this letter campaign. If we succeed, this can only be a total win for all, Winnebago and us.

Rick Y
Old 04-25-2016, 02:19 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Up front I'll say I GET IT.... One of the things that pointed me toward Winnebago was the documentation. Having said that, Winne is one of the only manufacturers, if not the only one that makes that info available, so......

Also by 2010 the recession was in full swing. It's entirely possible that they layed off the CAD guys and whoever posts this info.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
Up front I'll say I GET IT.... One of the things that pointed me toward Winnebago was the documentation. Having said that, Winne is one of the only manufacturers, if not the only one that makes that info available, so......

Also by 2010 the recession was in full swing. It's entirely possible that they layed off the CAD guys and whoever posts this info.
The recession is over, I think you will agree. Winnebago has recently acquired Country Coach so they now have money. They still boast the largest RV manufacturing plant building in the world. They not only survived the recession they are growing bigger in the aftermath. Why have they not reestablished the missing documents? Do you really believe that the CAD drawings are not in existence for the wiring of these post 2009 rigs? How could they ever be put into production?

If we, the owners of post 2009 Winnebago RV's don't provoke the company to reestablish its past resource publishing practices every Winnebago coach you will buy in the future will be a greater financial burden to you when some 12volt electrical issue arises. There is no good way to find the problem without knowing how the components are electrically linked together as provided by the wiring diagrams.

Again, I ask that you join me in a letter campaign to the CEO of Winnebago. Weather you have a rig post 2009 or not, if it is a Winnebago you are affected by this problem or you will be when you buy a new rig.

Happy trails are a good thing. Lets stand together to keep them that way.

Rick Y
Old 04-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post

All of my comments were directed toward you and all others with the later models and not directed at you alone. Nothing will ever change if folks like us don't make some waves to get noticed. The effort is small but the reward may benefit all of us. Please, Jeff, put your energy into letting the CEO of Winnebago know how we are affected by this decision. Stand with me and encourage others to join in. Thanks.

Rick Y