Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

We are on our second Winnebago, an 05 Journey and the current Vectra. We have nothing but praise for the Winnebagos customer service. I do wish Winnebago and all other manufacturers would do a more complete final inspection.

The quality control issues don't stop when you spend more money. We met an owner of a 2008 Newell motor home (1 million or so) who was on his 3rd trip back to the factory for repairs.

Should these quality control issues be standard equipment, I don't think so but how do we get around it or change it?

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

I've had good response from Winnebago when needed. I had a problem with the slide out while on a trip to Alaska and they extended the warranty until I got back from the trip.

The trick is not getting frustrated with the dealer and go directly to customer service. Hope all turns out well.

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:52 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

FINAL UPDATE.....

Hooray Winnebago!! I just received a call from the dealer in Michigan who got a call from Winnebago's customer service. MY WARRANTY WILL COVER ALL THE WORK REQUESTED.

Let alone the great performance of my Journey and Vectra, this is the reason I bought a second Winnebago. I can understand why there was confusion but as usual, Winnie stood up to the plate. When I hear the horror stories of other owners and the lack of response from the manufacturer it just reinforces my decision to move up to the top of the line Winnie.

Thank you so much.....I love my coach.

BTW, the leaking in the compartments was because of the lack of sealant on the boxes behind the wheel wells. This should have been done at the factory according to the service rep. Not only are they fixing the problem but they are also replacing all the carpeting in my leaking storage compartments. Now that is EXCEEDING customer expectations.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations, Jim!

Like I've said, I had no complaints about Winnie's service when under warranty. Now that I'm out of warranty, I'll be curious as to the level of service. I have several unresolved issues that may or may not become problems later but they "told" me that they'd help me out if need be.

The two that I'm thinking of right now are that there is a small fluid leak (about the size of a nickel every time I stop) under the transmission. Freightliner says it's a slide ram leaking and the dealer can't find where it's leaking and claims it's coming from the tranny. I asked Winnie to document that in case it does turn out to be a slide ram. I'm thinking it's from the tranny so I'm going to continue to keep on Freightliner to see if we can find the source since the Freightliner and Allison are still under warranty.

I also hear the house water pump cycling every so often and the dealer tells me that it's a sign that there's a leak somewhere but they can't find it. I see no water on the ground, in any of the compartments or under any sink. I asked that Winnie document that too.

These are items that were discovered while the coach was under warranty so I hope if something pertaining to those things goes wrong in the next few months that they'll help me out with it but we'll see.

Anyway, it's so good to hear you're happy with the outcome. If you have time, write a commendation pertaining to any of the reps at Winnie who helped you out because if they feel good getting commended, then maybe they'll continue to help customers out and Winnie's reputation of giving good service after the sale will continue.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jtharley:
FINAL UPDATE.....

Hooray Winnebago!! I just received a call from the dealer in Michigan who got a call from Winnebago's customer service. MY WARRANTY WILL COVER ALL THE WORK REQUESTED. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Jim, that is great to hear!
Thank You Winnebago for continuing to satisfy customers.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:33 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also hear the house water pump cycling every so often and the dealer tells me that it's a sign that there's a leak somewhere but they can't find it. I see no water on the ground, in any of the compartments or under any sink. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stating the obvious here, but is it just your ice-maker filling?

Glad to hear the warranty process is proceeding as expected...

05 Journey 36G CAT C7
diesellabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:59 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diesellabs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also hear the house water pump cycling every so often and the dealer tells me that it's a sign that there's a leak somewhere but they can't find it. I see no water on the ground, in any of the compartments or under any sink. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stating the obvious here, but is it just your ice-maker filling?

Glad to hear the warranty process is proceeding as expected... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my first thought, Steve, but then I remembered that I had turned it off so I ruled that out. Thanks.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote