Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #21
RJ2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2 View Post
Did the Koni FSD,sway bar, sumo ,earlier Just did the Trojan 6 Volt swap . easy
fit right in 40 lbs heavier, real batteries. ,cables fit perfect.Needed to cut out a piece of plastic to put the threaded rod hold down and drill one hole for rod .
Also did the Solenoid upgrade , to the silver contacts instead of the failure prone copper 80 watt factory piece.
made a slip in cracker shelf . slides in slot above cupholder.
Also made a nice slide in shelf for the JET pilot mask...cant find the pic.
just posted better pic of the slide in delrin plastic shelf , it is so cool, that it slips in seat pocket and strong because the cup holder holds it up ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0704.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	353.3 KB
ID:	170904   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0703.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	170905  

RJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

1. Yesterday: I replaced a leaking hydraulic hose from the synchronizing cylinder to the front extension cylinder of my front slide. I ordered the replacement hose from HWH. I'd previously paid to have three hoses replaced about a year ago but this one was more subtle and had been missed amidst all the fluid from the others.

2. Today: I adjusted my front slide so the front and back flanges seal uniformly to the sidewall. Previously the front flange had a gap that was 3/8" wider at the bottom than the rear.

Both of these tasks were easier than I anticipated thanks to azpete who helped me through this process via PMs.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 AM   #23
Itasca Owners

We had a cold front blow through so took the opportunity to run the heater for the first time since changing the circuit board. It ran great and cycled properly. Also took the coach out for a drive to the Cracker Barrel in Vero for lunch.
Decided to do some organizing and made a couple of storage pockets for maps and magazines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190122_102609.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	170921   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190122_102620.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	170922  

Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Six new tires before heading to Pensacola. Today I replaced the electric water heater switch on the panel , added another l.e.d. light to the bath vanity and installed a trickle charger on the chassis battery. Sitting here now watching "Storage Wars" and listening to the rain.
tommyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #25
Itasca owner

Two things, A WIT member in our club lost his whole roof a while back. The wind took it right off, so I did a little preventive maintenance (I hope) and put a 4" wide strip of Eternabond tape over the front cap seam all across the top. Maybe it'll help and I never have to recaulk it.
Also scrubbed the whole roof and put two coats of acrylic floor wax on the whole roof. It gives it some gloss and should keep the chalking down, and looks good. Easy to do, only took about 15 min to wipe on a coat.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Installed Trac Bar

I installed my Super Steer SS400 Trac Bar on our Sunstar 27PE. Can’t wait to take it out on the Interstate for a test drive. Also peeled away the blob job sealant around the leaking skylight in the bathroom and re-sealed with Dicor. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I will find out if my sealant job is better than the factory’s!
T00lman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:54 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Vremi Paper Towel Holder

I “installed” our new Vremi paper towel holder today!
Old 01-28-2019, 08:58 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Took out the rear and side solid pane windows and installed windows with screens. My DW needed more air flow. ha
jeepster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Sealed paint on roof

I sealed the paint on our fiberglass roof with Chemical Guys JetSeal today. It is advertised to last one year. I guess that remains to be seen but anything is better than nothing. I considered Aerospace 303 but it has to be re-applied every 3-5 weeks. I only applied 303 to the roof accessories like the AC cover, fridge vent, and other vent covers, etc.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:41 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quick update- no more leaks! Re-installed interior skylight cover with stainless steel screw to replace all the rusted original screws.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:12 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Today? Nothing...our Winnebago friend is in storage and we won't see her again until the end of April... :-(
19Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:41 PM   #32
Living The Dream

Installed a LevelMatePro device (seems pretty cool).

Also ran my generator to exercise it as recommended. Was a bit difficult to get it loaded with the weather today, 65° for a high. Had to alternately run the electric heater and the air conditioner to try to keep it loaded for about 30 minutes.
SeeTheUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:42 PM   #33
Winnebago Master

I finished installing oak trip on the front, lower edge of my front slide to cover the metal trim that was exposed after I replaced the carpet with carpet tile.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

MCD Night Shade

On our first real camping trip to Anastasia State Park in St.Augustine, FL. Unable to close the night shade. Checked all fuses, circuit breakers,etc. Finally removed the side panels that cover the wires leading to the motor. Next to the little programming button was a tiny wire which had pulled out of the crimp. Spiced the wires together and problem solved. I hope this helps someone in the future.

It has been said “The only thing that works on an RV is the owner”!
Old 02-06-2019, 08:33 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

I took the couch out of my 2016 Vista 30T and installed two theater seating full reclining chairs with the cup and storage box in between. It took a little engineering to get them fastened down solid in the slide out but they are now and so very much more comfortable.
Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #36
Winnebago Owner

RV owner/mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I've got a truck shop like that, two of the "& Sons" own RVs. Quicker, better and less expensive than a dealer or CW.
Me too. I get my maintenance done at a shop where the mechanic and his son are motor home owners. I just tell him to treat my repairs as if it were theirs. They do a great job every time and the rates are reasonable.
jbrattain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:18 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

For those in the greater Sacramento area, I get my work done at Mike & Son's Truck Repair:

Home | Mike & Son's Truck Repair Inc. - Sacramento, California
Old 02-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #38
Winnebago Owner

What did I do

I have a log of over 100 items I've done to my Sightseer 30B since I bought it two years ago (I bought it as a fix-up project at wholesale price). Anyway, my most recent project was replacing the old rear view camera/monitor system with a wireless system from Tadi Brothers. I'm really happy with it. Totally wireless, transmitter and receiver are contained inside the camera and monitor screen. All I had to do was mount them and connect the power.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:24 PM   #39
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrattain View Post
I have a log of over 100 items I've done to my Sightseer 30B since I bought it two years ago
I'd be interested in your log, and I'm sure others would as well, if you would post it for us.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #40
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I'd be interested in your log, and I'm sure others would as well, if you would post it for us.
Couldn't find the log. My wife "put it away for me". But, here are some of the more significant items that I recall that I did myself and some that I paid to have done:

Items I did myself:

Cleaned and detailed exterior and interior.

Removed and repainted and lubricated all basement storage compartment lock assemblies and the entry door lock with black auto trim paint, made a big difference in the exterior appearance.

Removed items attached to the wall panels by the previous owner. He had screwed hooks, hangers, cup holders, etc. to the wall panels throughout the motor home.

Mounted art work, pictures, etc to cover the screw holes left by those same items.

Replaced windshield wiper blades, repainted windshield wiper arms with auto body trim paint.

Replaced the windshield washer hoses and nozzles.

Removed the old analog television sets and dvd players, replaced them with digital ones.

Replaced the Thetford toilet with a new one. Old one had a broken hinge on the seat lid and the flush valve was defective.

Cleaned and painted numerous rusted places underneath the body.

Changed the generator air filter

Cut and fitted drawer and shelf liners throughout.

Replaced tarnished door and drawer pulls with new ones.

Disassembled, glued and reassembled most of the drawers which had become loose and rickety.

Replaced several drawer slide rails.

Removed, cleaned, and repainted refrigerator and freezer racks with epoxy appliance paint.

Repainted headlight bezels with black auto trim paint.

Cleaned, restained, and refinished various spots and areas of the cabinetwork.

Replaced all floor heat registers with new ones.

Replaced several basement storage door lift cylinders.

Removed and replaced wiring where previous owner had made additions or modifications very poorly.

Cleaned refrigerator and hot water heater burner assemblies.

Removed 110 volt hot water heater element previous owner had installed and abandoned.

Replaced much of the awning hardware which had become worn or corroded.

Replaced windshield defroster outlets which were warped, sun-damaged, cracked, or faded.

Replaced seat belt receivers for same reasons.

Added or replaced felt bumper pads on all drawers and cabinet doors to reduce noise.

Replaced Kwikee step motor and gearbox, lubricated same.

Cleaned and lubricated slide rails, motor drives, and worm gears.

Replaced old rear view camera monitor system with new wireless model.

Replaced defective and unsightly motorized visor up/down switches on dash panel.

Replaced overhead fan switches with custom made switch panel and switches.

Replaced Auto Park brake release solenoid valve.

Work I had done by others:

Engine maintenance including mass air flow sensor, air conditioning compressor, engine PCM (computer), belts, hoses, flush and change coolant, spark plugs, oil and filter change, etc.

Complete brake job. Disc brake pads, rotors as needed, changed brake fluid.

Repair Auto Park brake system.

Replaced all four leveling jacks, changed leveling jack system hydraulic fluid.

Replaced awning canopy.

Inspected and cleaned roof, including inspecting and resealing around all items installed on the roof.

Serviced the generator, replaced the fuel pump.

Replaced all tires, old ones were more than nine years old.

s

Tags
winnebago