Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Your jacks probably need to be sprayed with some cleaning solvent and then spray some wd40 on them to lube. I had a rear jack that was slow to pull up and discussed it with local rv repair guy - who sold me the spray on solvent and it seems to have helped the problem. Dave
Old 09-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandshaz View Post
After taking delivery we went in our first trip. All went well but I felt there was an issue with the jacks.

There was another shake down item so back she went for service.

We got her back yesterday and I'm not too sure I really understand these jacks.

When we level the engine is on, parking break set. Turn in the auto leveler and it does its thing. The drivers rear jack does not deploy like the other 3 so I push auto level again and that's when it does its thing.

So once level all lights on the jack system are red. All times before deploying the drivers rear jack is red.

How do I learn more about the jack system. There is not much in the paperwork.

Thanks
Shaz
About the drivers rear jack "red" alarm. This is wrong. When the jacks are stowed every jack deployed light will be off if the system is working correctly. Is this jack fully retracting?

Brand of system is not important at this point. They all do the same thing, just different ways. When the jacks go down they are under power. When they come back up each manufacture has their own way of doing this. If a jack is bent (which happens) it can't retract all of the way. On HWH jacks, for instance, if the springs become weak or the piston is dirty the jack(s) may retract slowly or not at all. In your case, if the jack is bent and putting excessive pressure on the stow tube it could be giving the false signal to the system that it "is deployed" when, in fact, it hasn't moved. Speculation at this point.

I hope one of us inspires you folks to ask the correct question to the dealer and that he is "good" enough to correct the problem.

Happy trails,

Rick Y
Old 09-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Neighbour has the same issue with HWH jacks. He is going to HWH for rectification.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

If you spray any thing on the jacks, make sure you wipe it dry before using them. You don't want to get any dirt in the seal. If you do think you need to lube it, clean it first by spraying with WD40 and wiping dry a couple of times and then you can lightly spray it with silicon. Springs are the usual cause of not retracting quickly. You may be able to manually move the jack that didn't fully deploy by pressing its button until it hits the ground.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

We had the unit in for service and I told them about the jacks. They said the red light us I'm the drivers rear due to it being the lowest point of the unit. I'm not buying this. I don't think they have a clue as to what is going on. I need to read the info again, digest it and call the mfg Monday when I have time. I feel in my gut something is not right.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandshaz View Post
We had the unit in for service and I told them about the jacks. They said the red light us I'm the drivers rear due to it being the lowest point of the unit. I'm not buying this. I don't think they have a clue as to what is going on. I need to read the info again, digest it and call the mfg Monday when I have time. I feel in my gut something is not right.
BS does not go down well. Have you tried the manufacturer's website for troubleshooting tips? We still don't know what jacks you have. Hydraulic or electric?

In any case, the light comes on via a sensor switch. If the jack is retracted and the light is on, the switch is bad or out of adjustment. If the jack is not fully retracted something (da) is wrong. The shop tech was out to lunch when he came up with his answer.

we wait.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Take a picture of your leveling jack panel and post it, if you will. A photo will be very useful in determining exactly what you have and the resources you need to see what's wrong.

Scott
Old 09-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Bob, these jacks can be a major PITA. I've had some issues with mine and had them into the dealer several times to be checked. The fluid level is critical as well. Here is a phone number I have off this forum for a HWH Tech that will assist anybody who calls. He is in Arizona, but has posted several times volunteering his services. His cell is 602-549-3638. I have read that HWH will call you back several days later. This may be more helpful.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

The leveling system we have is the Kwikee. We have read read the operating guide over and over again. Today we are going to call the mfg. of this system for help and also sy with the system to try and understand it and operate it correctly.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote