Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 01:49 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

WB Not Responding

Normally I send an email to WB with my question and within 24-48 hours I have an answer. I would rather do that for something non-critical than try to call.

I sent an email early last week and still haven't received an answer. I sent a follow up yesterday.

Does anyone know what is going on???

On another note: my repair guy has a call into them for a price on a part and is having a problem getting a response.

In the past I have been very happy with WB but they seem to be going the way of other mfgs. in their treatment of customers.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 07-17-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sue, there are many complaints about all the RV manufacturers and their lack of customer response. On top of that, it's the "busy season" for RVing, so maybe they are just backlogged a bit.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:35 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have never had a problem with WB responding before. We have had ourWB 4 years now and I have contacte them numerous times. I'll try calling see if that is any better.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 07-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

This is the time of year for the Winnebago Grand National Rally. Likely all hands are on deck for that.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I decided to call them this AM. Waited a few minutes. Confirmed that they received my email, had been turned over to Jay? last week for a response. He was out today. Rep had no idea why I didn't have a response but he answered my question.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 07-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Cloud View Post
This is the time of year for the Winnebago Grand National Rally. Likely all hands are on deck for that.
From the 17th until the 28th, IIRC. I would think they're overwhelmed with service questions and requests during this time.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Sue,
When you have grown as big as Winnebago has in the last couple of decades, and produced and sold as many coaches as they have, the amount customer feed-back or, customer related questions, service questions, warranty questions, and more, is also gonna grow. But, even companies like Winnebago can only hire so many call-takers and customer reps. None of this is any comfort to you but, it is what it is. If you think your situation is less than desirable, you should (if you haven't already) read about the delayed responses from HWH, the maker of slide and jack systems.

They supplied Winnebago and Itasca for years and years with hydraulic slide and jack systems and, not only Winne and Itasca but, many other RV companies too. So, the email and "call back" from a rep from that company is quite often as long as 4-6 weeks or so.

None of us want that kind of delay when it's OUR coach and we need to get things fixed pronto. But, again, it is what it is. These companies just don't have enough and or, can't afford to hire more support staff. We'd all like to be treated nicely and with expediency to our problems. But, based on how many RVs there are floating around in this country, it's just gonna get harder to get the action we'd all like, when it comes to the manufacturer(s) paying closer attention to our needs.

Some folks get lucky if the call volume is down right at the time they call but, just how often that happens, not a clue.
Scott
Old 10-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I've personally had timely response from Winnebago Customer Service. In fact a young lady by the name of "Angie" has been very helpful in every issue I've had. I'm sure a delay in July can be explained by the Grand National Rally.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

First this is a thread from July and 2nd look at #5.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 10-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I saw that Sue and I'm glad your issue was resolved. I've had such good customer service I just wanted to comment on Angie and the help she provides to Winnebago owners. All the best. Bob
Old 10-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Normally I send an email to WB with my question and within 24-48 hours I have an answer. I would rather do that for something non-critical than try to call.

I sent an email early last week and still haven't received an answer. I sent a follow up yesterday.

Does anyone know what is going on???

On another note: my repair guy has a call into them for a price on a part and is having a problem getting a response.

In the past I have been very happy with WB but they seem to be going the way of other mfgs. in their treatment of customers.
Have him try these folks: https://www.lichtsinn.com/
Old 10-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

This thread is resolved. WB passed my email on to a CSR who did not respond. When I called a week or 2 later I got my answer.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Closed Thread