Old 07-30-2008, 04:32 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

I for one have done mine several times with Nu Finish, twice a year for 5 years and it works very good especially without the full body paint. But this time I'm going to have it done professionally not because it looks bad or Nu finish didn't work, it's just a pain in the butt. I'd rather be having fun!
To me it's like panting your 3 story house it's fun until you get above the second floor!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:08 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

One of the things that is nice about the Meguiars M8132 is even though it is still not a fun job it is basically a one step process. The coach looks great too and IMHO seems like dust etc is not attracted to it as much. Like Fakrwee said about his detailer job, this feels smooth.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:36 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

My 2004 DSDP is parked on a slab next to my house in the harsh Florida sun. I started off using 3M Marine liquid wax, because it has a UV retardant. The problem was, the white residue that collects around my baggage door frames. Now I use a Turtle wax liquid that leaves no residue, but doesn't have the UV protection.
For the last 4 1/2 years my MH is parked where the sun is on the passenger side all day and the driver's side is always in the shade. I can't tell any difference in the paint finish from one side to the other. I attribute it mostly to the durability and quality of the clear finish and paint.
Tom

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Here's what Griot say's about thier wax product.

Best Of Show Wax®
Best Of Show Wax® For Maximum Color, Depth And Clarity From A Liquid Carnauba Wax.

Color, depth, and clarity. Three factors any concours judge looks for when he's scrutinizing paint. Of the three, clarity (or lack of it, called "hazing") is the most important. Poor clarity is caused by cheap silicones, inferior sealants, and poor chemistry. Best of Show® is a non-silicone, carnauba-based liquid wax that produces incredible color, depth, and clarity with just one application. Concours participants will appreciate that even with multiple coats, surface clarity is retained, depth is enhanced, and swirl marks disappear. Easy to apply by hand but best when applied by our orbital machine. The heavy carnauba content means a little goes a long way, and as long as it's put on thin, it's easy to take off. The paint surface should be cleaned or "clayed" before use. Best of Show® gives at least three months of protection, plus produces superior results at any concours event. Take your car to a new level of perfection. It will look the best it has ever looked. For best results, use the Red Foam Pad by hand or better, with our Machine Orbital. Enjoy the finest liquid carnauba wax available. We don't call it "Best Of Show" for nothing.

In my case it usually last a year before I reapply. They have something called speed shine which I use in between waxes, just spray on and wipe off. I usually do this before I cover the MH.

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #19
Winnie-Wise

"As I do more research, I'm wondering if Winnebago may be over cautious in recommending not to use polishes with silicone. "

Of course, they are overcautious. Heck, they would sue W if they were hit by a car while on the way to get Silicone wax.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote