Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2007, 04:56 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Here is some interesting information. While having the rig at the dealer to have a hydrolic issue addressed (again), I got a call from my service writer. She asked me if I had noticed a "wavy" distortion in my windshield. I immediately answered yes, and that I assumed that because it was such a large piece of glass that it was normal. The effect is present on both sides of the windshield.

She replied that it was not normal, and that she noticed it in mine, and was one of the worst that she had seen. Appearently others have reported the problem on their coaches, but Winnie has denied having a problem with the windshields. Well, after some argueing back and forth, Winnie has admitted that there is a problem with some of the windshield glass. Both sides of my windshield are being replaced under warranty. This will be a huge difference in driving the coach! I guess I should have said something from the start, but with this being the first MH I have had, some things I accepted as normal. Especially with problems like my hydrolic system being such a PITA, and taking a lot of attention.

By the way, a new hydrolic ram is enroute for the bedroom slide. The leak in the front may have been a loose fitting at a newly installed solenoid (please, make it stop).

I just want the rig back in my driveway instead of the dealers..........

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Here is some interesting information. While having the rig at the dealer to have a hydrolic issue addressed (again), I got a call from my service writer. She asked me if I had noticed a "wavy" distortion in my windshield. I immediately answered yes, and that I assumed that because it was such a large piece of glass that it was normal. The effect is present on both sides of the windshield.

She replied that it was not normal, and that she noticed it in mine, and was one of the worst that she had seen. Appearently others have reported the problem on their coaches, but Winnie has denied having a problem with the windshields. Well, after some argueing back and forth, Winnie has admitted that there is a problem with some of the windshield glass. Both sides of my windshield are being replaced under warranty. This will be a huge difference in driving the coach! I guess I should have said something from the start, but with this being the first MH I have had, some things I accepted as normal. Especially with problems like my hydrolic system being such a PITA, and taking a lot of attention.

By the way, a new hydrolic ram is enroute for the bedroom slide. The leak in the front may have been a loose fitting at a newly installed solenoid (please, make it stop).

I just want the rig back in my driveway instead of the dealers..........

Sarge

Old 02-15-2007, 05:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sounds like you got a good dealer who is paying attention and looking our for their customers.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Good for you..I'll echo what Gary said...Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

***Off topic warning***

From dictionary.com: "No results found for hydrolic."

Or perhaps better, from Google: "Did you mean: hydraulic"

I see "hydrolic" so much these days, almost as much as "axel" and "advise" (mispelled advice).

Back to your regularily scheduled topic.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thacks tym, il caall ya nex tim i needs somthun prouf red..........

Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

tderonne: Check you Webster dictionary the word (advise) is a legitimate word.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:11 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Of course advise is a word, but it's not the same as "advice". Advice is a noun, advise a verb.

And I know we're just having a little fun, not picking on any one person, just a generality. I'm an engineer, I shouldn't even know how to spell. It's just funny when mispellings become so mainstream. After I'm dead and gone, "hydrolic" may have become a perfectly acceptable spelling, it's how these things go.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Of course we are just having a little fun. Those that murder me are the mis-use of the words "there and "their". However, the message is more important than the words, albeit they are integral. Back to the subject matter.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:06 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Actually I love to insert humor into everyday life. It's what keeps us all from taking ourselves too seriously. Besides... everyone knows that "those who can, do. Those who can't, become engineers.."