Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Warranty service at Forest City

Our rig has been in a local dealer/service facility for almost four weeks to address slide out and entertainment system issues. After all this time, no one has even started to diagnose the problems. A very large backlog according to the service adviser. We have a trip planned to the mid-west, how easy is it to get an appointment at the factory in Iowa? If I were to succeed at that, is it possible to live in the rig while waiting for work completion (not while technicians are onboard of course)?
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

You can call Winnebago Customer Service and make an appointment. They're not available a couple of weeks on either side of the GNR in July - those are FCFS.

While you are there at the shop, you can live in your coach as long as it is livable. You park in their lot and turn the coach over to them each morning at 7:00 AM. At about 3:30 PM they return the coach to you for the night. Their lot has power, but no water or sewer. You can fill and dump across the street at the GNR grounds. You can spend your days in their customer lounge, or you can visit the town and the surrounding area. But you have to be available to answer questions, so keep your cell phone handy.

They will make warranty repairs, and they will do non-warranty work for a fee. You will need to give them a list when you make the appointment, and you can add an item or two when you check in.
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I've had my RV there three different times and once I did have to spend a night in a local motel. Most of the time as Thom says they'll have your RV back so you can have dinner/ sleep/ etc.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have been there and their work and attitude is superior. They are respectful of your coach and your time. Just be sure to be through with your service list. If you are in the area, it is the best place to go. They accept extended warranties too. Just tell them in advance.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise1949 View Post
Our rig has been in a local dealer/service facility for almost four weeks to address slide out and entertainment system issues. After all this time, no one has even started to diagnose the problems. A very large backlog according to the service adviser. We have a trip planned to the mid-west, how easy is it to get an appointment at the factory in Iowa? If I were to succeed at that, is it possible to live in the rig while waiting for work completion (not while technicians are onboard of course)?:bang head:
Factory Service:

(866) 311-7133
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

It is best to have an appointment but they do accept "walk in's" but you will have to wait till they can get to you. Check in and get put on the list, use their campground facilities until they can work you in. You may have to wait a day or two or longer until they can get you worked in though. I've had work done there three times, two with an appointment and one "walk-in."
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all.....Service manager called me yesterday. Finally tore into the rig after I copied dealer' corporate mgmt on an email. Looking to hear soon as to the prognosis. Mgr said that there wer several units waiting longer than me. I suspect that maybe factory doesn't pay them as much as private parties for the flat rate, putting warranty service to back of line.
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #8

i called factory for warranty service work on 9 -2-14 and they were booked till 11-04-14 good luck on the slide issue
spanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Yeah, I had tornado damage and called and Winnebago told me they couldn't even look at it till the third week of November. What kind of service and loyalty is that!
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service