Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We have a 07 Winnebago Adventurer, the warranty will run out in 14 days. Right now it is in the shop for warranty work it has been in the shop two other times for a total of 126 days and counting. What I am wanting to know is what should I do before the warranty runs out and things are still not fix. Also doesn't 126 days seem a long time to be in the shop.
Thanks for any comments

2007 Winnnebago Adventurer 38T
Want-a-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have a 07 Winnebago Adventurer, the warranty will run out in 14 days. Right now it is in the shop for warranty work it has been in the shop two other times for a total of 126 days and counting. What I am wanting to know is what should I do before the warranty runs out and things are still not fix. Also doesn't 126 days seem a long time to be in the shop.
Thanks for any comments

Old 07-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum . You have come to the best RV forum on the internet.

If I were in your situation, I would contact Winnebago Service Administration and ask them if they will extend your warranty for some reasonable period due to the delays in getting effective repairs. You can call them at(800)-537-1885 or email them at [email protected]

Let us know how it turns out.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Want-a-be;

Welcome to the forum and the Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum. As smlranger has already said, you have found the friendliest site on the Internet. Post often and let us know how your problems work out. If you would like some Winnebago Karma please ask and you shall receive.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
Welcome to the forum . You have come to the best RV forum on the internet.

If I were in your situation, I would contact Winnebago Service Administration and ask them if they will extend your warranty for some reasonable period due to the delays in getting effective repairs. You can call them at(800)-537-1885 or email them at [email protected]

Let us know how it turns out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As long as Winnebago documents your problems you have had in warranty, there shouldn't be any problem getting them taken care of past the one year date. Winnebago service administration is very, very easy to do business with - one of the great advantages of owning a Winnebago product

Like Gary says - contact them and get the problems on the record.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Want-a-be:
Thanks for any comments </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't mention what kind of problems you are having; since the drivetrain warranty is still in effect, I'm assuming that you had minor, or not so minor, issues with the coach. Often times the length of repair is due to the slow turn-around of getting someone to inspect the problem, order and receive the parts, and then getting the shop to install.

As far as your question goes, even if the warranty runs out, the repair is already in progress and will be completed. The repair itself will have some sort of warranty coverage, meaning that the repair should be correct and you would have some coverage if the repair fails in the near future.

It would be helpful if you could be more specific information on what repairs you have had done, and what is currently being repaired...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I was in the same situation as you with the warranty about to expire. I called Winnebago Service Admin and had all of the current problems listed in there system to make sure they were taken care of under warrenty (My dealer created more problems than they took care of. Great folks to deal with at Service Admin. I will have all of the problems taken care of at GNR.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Coach warranty expired on mine 3 mos ago, but, like Romad, I had all my issues listed with both Winnebago AND my local dealer, and both assured me that all would be honored under warranty since they had been documented. I've been treated well with warranty work. So far so good...
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I sent Winnebago a list of times dates and causes for my coach being in for warranty repair during the initial warranty period. Since this was an aggregate of almost 6 months, I ask for a warranty extension of commensurate time. They gave it to me and assured me they would stand behind any repairs that were made under warranty for a year. Great company to deal with.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

well I talk to Winnebago this morning. Everything I had a concern with was documented in our file and if I had the work orders saying something was work on and it was not corrected before the warranty runs out that Winnebago would take care of it. Also that if any thing else comes up that they would stand behine it till it was fix.
Here is a short list of some of my concerns.
Water Heater Leaking
Jack not working right
EMS System causing many problems
Converter
And the list goes on
I guess only time will tell!!!!
I hope it comes back this time with everything fix, I guess any thing is possible

Old 07-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

I am guessing your coach is brand new. Just relax every thing you list is absolutely normal for a new coach. Winnebago will stand behind you.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #12

Want-a-be;

Welcome aboard! When you have time, maybe you could update your signature with your specific MH information so every post states that information for all the members... makes it a lot easier when someone wants to reply to your question and someone might have a similar MH and you might be able to answer a question for them...

Looks like Winnebago has you covered on your warranty repairs, so that worked out nicely!
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:37 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Hey Want-a-be, keep your chin up! Homer is right on, every new rig has problems. We've gone through this with 3 MH's, over fifteen years, every one brand new and every one had "big" issues from failed circuit boards, water heaters, leaking storage, delaminating, on and on. I'm taking mine in tomorrow 'cause the fridge quit on our last trip. I know it's painful, but it's just in "the life." Any dealer can fix your rig, so get one you are confident with, and they'll fix it all. Best of luck!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the help and the vote of convenience.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Sonny - Didn't mean to sound condescending
Old 07-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Steelhead_bluesman
I hope this comes out right? What I meant was thanks for the confidence that every thing will be all right.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Sonny

Old 07-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: I think you have received good advice. Instead of worrying about stuff when our rig was one year old I celebrated. That meant that I didn't have to depend on someone else and could simply take care of stuff myself. I started by adding an entertainment system that has real 5.1 surround sound and quality bass, as well as a TV that looks good. If it were now instead of 7 years ago I would have converted to a HD flat screen--maybe one of these days.

You will find someone on this web site that is really knowledgeable about virtually any problem you may have. You may even find, as I have, that you enjoy taking care of stuff yourself. Don't hesitate to ask questions, even about warranty stuff. Knowing what is going on is half the battle.

Good luck and happy miles, Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want-a-be View Post
Thanks for any comments
Well just to let everyone know we got the coach back today 4-23-09
Everything seems to be in working order after they fine tuned it while we where there. There was no money out of pocket on my part. I have Route 66 and they said that they took care of it.
Thanks for all the input
Sonny

Old 04-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want-a-be View Post
Well just to let everyone know we got the coach back today 4-23-09
Everything seems to be in working order after they fine tuned it while we where there. There was no money out of pocket on my part. I have Route 66 and they said that they took care of it.
Thanks for all the input
Sonny
sonny,
Are you telling us that your coach has been in the shop for nine months???????? Your original post was 7/6/2008.(which you quoted).Now you tell us that you just got your coach back! THAT IS A LONG TIME.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
sonny,
Are you telling us that your coach has been in the shop for nine months???????? Your original post was 7/6/2008.(which you quoted).Now you tell us that you just got your coach back! THAT IS A LONG TIME.
Sorry about that I have another post and I ment to post it there.
Thanks
Sonny