Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Sorry to hear about the Bill Wait's problem. I currently own a Winnebago and was looking to trade with them for a 2006 but if this is the attitude they are going to take, maybe they just lost a sale. Hope they read this forum!

As far a Bleakly and any other dealers, I don't know why a manufacturer can't have some control over warrenty issues. It seems the manufactureres must be tiptoeing around the bull dog dealers, when both of them fail to see it is the customer (any customer) they need to take care of. With todays transient society there is a very good possiblity that the next person who walks in the door is not a local!
After all it is the customer that keeps the dealer in business, right?
Old 11-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

That is unusual in my experience. Dealers generally take care of transients and perhaps rebuff those that live in the area and bought somewhere else.

Nick, Journey '01
Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Why would you contact WIT?? I didn't know WIT had anything to do with Winnebago service.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

We are fulltimers. In the first year we owned the coach, we had 30 to 40 problems. Tried dealers across the country and only one would help us with with severe roof leaks - American RV outside Memphis, TN. With our other problems, we tried dealers wherever we were at the time the problem presented itself. No one would help us. The very first question always: "Did you buy it from us?" We now go to Forest City and pray we don't have any emergency problems before we can get there.

We also received the same response from Winnebago: "We have no control over our dealers."

H*** of a way to do business!
pbbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

TomN: If you are referring to my post. I use the acronym "WIT" for Winnebago Itasca. Matter of choice.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

WOW!!! Looks like I'm not the only one disgruntled by Winnebago "nationwide dealer service". Svc work to be done included genset access door coming unglued, fog lights aimed at treetops(we have some really tall pine trees in SE Ga-explains why I kept getting the one finger universal salute at dusk), ladder hook came off detachable ladder, water pump noisy(aren't they all),re-position genset so coolant could be drained when necessary. The svc mgr at Bill Waits didn't know any of this(we never got that far), Winny guy didn't even ask what was wrong. Great bunch aren't they..

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote