Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Want to replace jackknife sofa with 2 recliners

We have a Class C Spirit 31K, would like to try and figure out how to replace sofa which is in the slideout with 2 recliners,but not much depth there, the raised slideout is only 29" deep, do you think it may be possible to put 2 captains chairs on the slideout?
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Larryg17
Larryg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Larry
I replaced my sofa that was also on the slide with a double recliner from shop4seats.com Even though it was a wall-away it stuck out too far and needed some support on the front. I did this by taking a 2" x 2" board the length I needed and wrapped it with carpet so it would slide on the laminate floor when the slide is deployed and retracted. We love the recliners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3518.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	94085   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8808.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	94086  

ItascaRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

We are planning to do the same thing when we get our new MH. Take out the sofa and put in recliners. We had Lazyboy Pinnacle wall hugger recliners in our old RV and took them out, we think they will fit the shallow slide of the MH. If not we plan to do what Itascarver did. Lazyboy has all their dimensions on line so we knew which ones would fit before we went to the store to try them. I wouldn't order a recliner unless I sat in it first. In our previous trailer the delivery guys took out the old sofa and put in the recliners, no questions asked. It is better not to mention to the store that you are putting them in a RV, they might have a hangup with that.
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I also have a 31K and have thought of replacing the couch with recliners. You are limited in width with the u shaped dinette. My wife normally sits on the couch, while I sit at the dinette. On our last trip out, she put the couch in the bed/flat position and preferred that to the "normal" couch position for sitting.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Mich F, I looked at the recliners at Camping World without the middle section they would fit in the 60" space that we have, still wondering if 2 captains chairs would be better?
Larryg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I think if I do make a change I'll go with recliners, rather than captain's chairs.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I put 2 recliners in our Winnebago View-I got them at camping world-put them in myself

I will send you pics if you send me your e-mail
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace