Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

While our motorhome was parked at the Freightliner dealer for repair of the heater core, vandals broke the window out of the door and shattered the long side window next to the door. They stole the rearview camera system, the dash radio and CD player, and all of the other entertainment equipment on our 2000 Journey. While doing so, they completely tore up the dash. They also pulled the thermostat out of the wall and left it dangling. Now we have to figure out how to get it fixed. Thankfully we have insurance. Anyone been through this before?
Marciab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

While our motorhome was parked at the Freightliner dealer for repair of the heater core, vandals broke the window out of the door and shattered the long side window next to the door. They stole the rearview camera system, the dash radio and CD player, and all of the other entertainment equipment on our 2000 Journey. While doing so, they completely tore up the dash. They also pulled the thermostat out of the wall and left it dangling. Now we have to figure out how to get it fixed. Thankfully we have insurance. Anyone been through this before?
Old 11-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had our Grand Tour vandilized a couple of years ago in a locked,fenced storage lot. My dash pod was pried up and bent over to the left side. The overhead doors were pried off from the top bending the frame behind them. Bathroom door was kicked open breaking the trim. Winnebago straps in the front TV and the microwave so all they did was pry the trim off. The day/night shades were torn from the mountings. Factory did an excellent job of repairing the damage and I had been with Progressive for five years so no deductable.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for giving us hope. We are anxious to get on the road again - will know tomorrow if it is even driveable.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thats not vandalism, its Criminal Damage to Property, Tresspassing and Theft, in this case a felony. I hope they are caught and convicted. These idiots are sucking my air, and have no regard for others.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:01 AM   #6
Living The Dream

Where did this happen (city) ?? Sorry to hear about your troubles!
SeeTheUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The vandalism occurred in Billings, MT. We live in Wyoming, but Billings had the closest freightliner repair facility (192 mi.). The people at the repair facility have been great to deal with and ours was not the only one vandalized at their facility. Such a shame for all concerned. Thanks for all your responses.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rhandley:
Thats not vandalism, its Criminal Damage to Property, Tresspassing and Theft, in this case a felony. I hope they are caught and convicted. These idiots are sucking my air, and have no regard for others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love that Avitar.

Semper Fi and Happy 230th later in the week!
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote