Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

undercounter coffee maker

Own a 2007 Winnebago adventurer 35'. Does not have an under counter coffee maker and spouse (spice?) is after me to install one. I don't see a place for one. Has anyone installed one? Which model, where did you locate it, and have there been any problems or are you happy with the result. Please help, my wife is a fanatic about her coffee and is pushing me to "get r done".
02rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My old Winnie had one, and it went out. Liked it so well, I bought a new one. I traded rigs a few years back, the Newmar did not have one, so without checking I bought my third one. MISTAKE. Like your comment, no place to mount it. Let it just sit on the counter for a couple of years (DW, not a coffee drinker) unhappy about the amount of space it took up. Gave it to a lady Saturday at a church benefit. Have a Cuisinart now, like it better. The carafe stays in it better than the under counter Black and Decker, alway had to remove it and stow somewhere when on the road. Cruisinart much easier to clean......better coffee
Old 05-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had the under counter coffee maker and mounted it over the dining table. Did this in 2 different rigs. Worked great.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I had an under-the-counter Black and Decker in my last one. Hated it. It leaked everytime I used it. So, I bought a real coffee pot. A Bunn. Love it.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The smaller Keurig does not take up much space and can be put back up in a cabinet the as soon as the coffe is done.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We wanted an under-cabinet also, but have little room for it and have read about leaking problems. We ended up getting a small Cuisinart 4-cup maker with a metal carafe at Macy's. No clock or programming, just an on/off toggle - which is perfect since we unplug a lot and don't want to reset it. Very easy to clean and put away when done every morning. I only wish it would "ding" when the cycle is complete, but I've gotten used to it and know when the coffee is ready.
www.LowesTravels.com
sdlowe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I installed under the counter coffee makers in my last two motorhomes and loved them because they freed up valuabe counter space. I installed them over the kitchen sink to prevent leak problems. They did dribble when the motorhome rocked and I always managed to slop a bit of water when filling the reservoir. There is no good place to mount an under the counter in my 2009 Adventurer although there is an abundance of counter space.
LEHAFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

coffee maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHAFER View Post
I installed under the counter coffee makers in my last two motorhomes and loved them because they freed up valuabe counter space. I installed them over the kitchen sink to prevent leak problems. They did dribble when the motorhome rocked and I always managed to slop a bit of water when filling the reservoir. There is no good place to mount an under the counter in my 2009 Adventurer although there is an abundance of counter space.
I installed mine in the cabinet above the sink in my 97 southwind , had to move shelf up a little and still have room for toaster storage.
truck771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

When we got our 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32v, It had a built in coffee maker above the dinette, under a cut-out in the cabinets. I thought that it would be the first thing that I would remove but I wouldn't do without it, now.
It is out of the way, convenient, saves counter space AND makes great coffee.

Thanks, again, Winnebago,
winnie32v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Mine is mounted over the dining table where drips are easy to clean-up.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

One drawback is that the steam from the coffee pot has a tendency to remove the varnish from the cabinet above it.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #12
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I installed a coffeemaker made by a company called Contour specifically made for tight spaces a few years ago in a motorhome. It was nothing but problems. They replaced it 4 times until they just returned my money, they gave up. I suggest to stay away from the brand