Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

If history repeats...

If history repeats itself, the economy will not get better overnight. This will take awhile. Winnebago is a great company IMHO, but can they hang in there? I am doing what I can to help them. I am close to a deal on a Itasca. Joe
Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

So there goes any chance of the company honoring the Workhorse Chassis brake recall.......
RetiredLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #23
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLE View Post
So there goes any chance of the company honoring the Workhorse Chassis brake recall.......
Could you please explain that a little bit further, your comment was some what vague.

Workhorse will carry out the terms of the recall that was announced and it has nothing to do with the individual coach builders.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Trouble for Winnebago

Having a Workhorse brake recall has absolutely nothing I repeat nothing to do with the Winnebago products.

It is true they are a Workhorse repair center and are only involved doing the recall whenever it comes too pass.

Winnebago has been around for a long time as previously stated and they will be just fine producing a great product whether it be small or large, they have the know how. If you don't believe me go to Forest City and take the tour. While there get to know the nice people at Winnebago and then proceed to Lichtsinn Motors a super RV dealer in Forest City and buy a new Winnebago.

Lastly I don't think Winnebago will ever let the people of Forest City, Iowa down either. To know Winnebago is to own a Winnebago!
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Whenever there is an economic struggle in an industry, a consolidation occurs to weed out the weak (so to speak). Winnebago, for obvious reasons, will inevitably benefit from this consolidation. On the other hand, there are other companies that have put all their eggs in the motorized basket that are truly in deep trouble due to their low output and comparatively limited resources. Tiffin is one example. When the dust settles, the survivors will be tougher and better equipped to survive over the long run. Winnebago Industries is suffering like everyone else but it will take a lot more than another recession to eliminate this venerable company.

Jack
Old 01-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Hi Folks,
Back-log of orders has no bearing on total production for the year Back-log is a snap shot in time of work you have to do ahead at a given point. This reporter, like most reporter are prone to do, is using some some bits of information to make a point that may or may not exist. Folks, it's simply out of context and missleading. I may be kind-of new to RVing but I'm not new to business. Been at it for 45 years. Winnebago weathered the storm of the last couple years like a champ. Winnebago has THE best motor home at THE best price in the industry. The name of the game is free enterprise folks. Winnebago has the right stuff. Read Steve Forbes "HOW CAPITALISM WILL SAVE US" I hope that's not breaking the forum rules. If it is, I'm sorry. This kind of reporting does not make an old businessman very happy.

Pine Tree
pine tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #27
iRV2 Marketing

Here's something that might add to the discussion:

Click on play!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Every downturn has casualties, yet the strong tend to survive.... AND, historically, during such downturns, many manufacturers lose money. Winnie certainly isn't the first. But there are other ways to raise capital, and regain solvency, like selling additional common stock, issuing new bonds or securing expanded lines of credit. There is also potential in selling some assets or taking on partners. Ergo, the projected demise of this industry leader is IMHO a wee bit premature. And if the stock market is a leading indicator or some kind of predictor, as many believe, well things are actually looking up ever so slightly, as evidenced by the rebound in their stock. Capitalism is cyclical, and the strong survive.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #29
Winnie-Wise

After seeing the video it is apparent that Winnebago is here to stay and they haven't got any troubles.

It should also end this discussion and thanks to DriVer for alerting us to the video which everyone should watch.

Go Winnebago Go
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote