Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Touch up paint?

Trying to match the touch up paint that came with my coach long long ago.
It’s a 06 Vermilion paint scheme (Full Body Paint) with a number on one of the small bottles of 64139, (which I think is the gold color I’m trying to match).
Any idea how this color would be specified now or where I could get a few ounces?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I bought some from the factory store when I was there one time. You can get it from Lichtsinn motors Winnebago, Itasca, Era New - Used Motorhomes for Sale, Iowa RV Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors

There might be some other info on the paint call out sheets on the Winnebago site.
Paint Codes
Old 01-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

A while back I got a touchup paint kit for my coach from Lichtsinn .

Call them with your Winnie serial number and they can sell you either a single color or a complete kit wilth all the colors for your coach and a bottle of clearcoat.

When I did it, a couple years back, it was about $40 for the complete kit of 4 colors and clear. May have gone up (what hasn't) but that should give you a ballpark.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I did this also and the paint wasn't a very good match
Old 01-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

That's a good point.
It was probably a good match when the paint on the motor home was new and not so good when sun and age changed it some.
I had an acquaintance who owned a body shop and he had to be something of an artist to mix up a good match sometimes.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I'm in need of some too for our coach. I doubt Newmar would have it now being this is a 04 but I guess it's worth a phone call to find out.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

If you can get any small part off that has the paint color you need, take it to a Dupont paint store, they can match it and put it in an aerosol can for you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
Trying to match the touch up paint that came with my coach long long ago.
It’s a 06 Vermilion paint scheme (Full Body Paint) with a number on one of the small bottles of 64139, (which I think is the gold color I’m trying to match).
Any idea how this color would be specified now or where I could get a few ounces?
I think that in '06 Winnebago was using Sherwin Williams paint. That number (on your little bottle) is the SW paint code and you can get a little as a pint at any SW AUTO PAINT store - not house paint store. I have not checked but other auto paint stores MAY be able to use that code to provide you with paint. BTW the paint is a 2 part system Color Coat then Clear Coat

phe
PHESPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I would check with the manufacturer to see if they have the paint code. If they don't, stop by you local body shops. Many can "scope" the color and match it.
diepenj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint