Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I just wanted to take aminute to introduce my self in this part of iRV2.com
Tomorrow at this time, if all goes well, I will be partners with the bank on a brand new Itasca Spirit 31T. I cleaned out the trailer on Saturday and cleaned it up on Sunday. Tonight, I took one last look around to be sure there was nothing I missed before I trade it in tomorrow.
I admit that I'm nervous about this purchase but, excited about traveling with my family in our new RV.
Reading all the posts in this Winnebago forum has made me more sure that I chose a quality unit to replace our Sunline. I feel like we are joining a family or an exclusive club.
See you on the road!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just wanted to take aminute to introduce my self in this part of iRV2.com
Tomorrow at this time, if all goes well, I will be partners with the bank on a brand new Itasca Spirit 31T. I cleaned out the trailer on Saturday and cleaned it up on Sunday. Tonight, I took one last look around to be sure there was nothing I missed before I trade it in tomorrow.
I admit that I'm nervous about this purchase but, excited about traveling with my family in our new RV.
Reading all the posts in this Winnebago forum has made me more sure that I chose a quality unit to replace our Sunline. I feel like we are joining a family or an exclusive club.
See you on the road!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Good deal! Take your time and check everything out in the new coach. Let us know how it all goes.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Congrats tps0424 and WELCOME to the Winnebago Owner's Forum!!

When you get all settled in we can certainly fix the title under your name with "Winnebago Coach Forum Member" anytime you're ready!

We look forward to hearing more of your experiences with your new rig!

Safe travels and stop back soon and tell us about it!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:38 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Congradulations on the new rig!! I also traded up from my 5ver into my 32' Itasca, and I have never regretted it for a second.

I was a die hard trailer guy, having first had a TT, then a new 5ver. When I made the decision to go MoHo, I was a little nervous as well. But after the first trip, I was sold. The MH experience is a whole new world, and until you experience it, it's difficult to understand the difference.

My advice is this: take your time getting used to the new rig. It won't drive like your old tow vehicle, and never will. It sounds different inside, it will squeak here and there, and probably won't accerate as fast. But drive it, settle in and get used to the way it feels before you start making any big decisions. You will love the change, and look forward to every trip just as the wife and I do.

Take care, and be safe out there,

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Good Luck on your new Itasca! Your dealer will undoubtedly give you a 1year membership in the W.I.T. club. I recommend you attend at least one of thelocal club functions in your area. You will find a group that can aid you with their experiences and advice on all things motorhome. Some of the advice is worth the price. seriously, you and the family will probably enjoy the motorhome and the club more than you believe.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Well, it's here now. I can't believe how much there is to learn. The Class C has so many features that the TT never had. There are a lot of options on this coach too so that adds to it. I have 6 remotes now for use in the RV! Two for each piece of equipment that can be remotely operated.
The quality of the worksmanship is great. Some of the details are unbelievable.
Flagg RV's technician Mr. Duffy went over everything nice and slow. We took several hours and made sure everything worked as it was supposed to. We did somehow manage to miss how the air springs work. Anyone know? I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions when we get going.
The dealer did give us the first year of our W.I.T club membership. I'm looking forward to finding more about it.
I guess I should go ahead and change my signature now.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Oh, and please fix the title under my name!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I'll also join in on welcoming you to the Forum and wish you the best of luck with your new unit. As president of the Rhody Winnies and living almost next door to you we welcome you to join the club. If there is anything I can help you with just holler, I'll be able to hear you from home.

2003 Harley Davidson Road Glide
ESTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Congrat's!! Hope you enjoy and welcome to the Winnebago family!!

06'Winnebago Adventurer 35A
It's A Good Life!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

TIM,welcome to the forum
Congrats on your new Spirit 31t.
The air bags should have a valve near front bumper or on the tire well dress trim for filling bags.
Enjoy the forums and when the new coach knowlege is a piece of cake lookup the Nor'Easters, part of irv2, a camping group in your area, the forum is below if you like to have fun and like to eat well thats us.
You are now a member of forum
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! I'll be out there with a flashlight tonight looking for the valve.
Estang... I'm in Bristol everyday. My in-laws live there and my kids go to Mt. Carmel. Do you do much riding? I noticed you have a Harley. The guys i ride with like doing the 'Bristol 500' but, I prefer riding up to Taunton or Manfield, or Foxboro on the backroads.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:05 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
TIM,welcome to the forum
Congrats on your new Spirit 31t.
The air bags should have a valve near front bumper or on the tire well dress trim for filling bags.
Enjoy the forums and when the new coach knowlege is a piece of cake lookup the Nor'Easters, part of irv2, a camping group in your area, the forum is below if you like to have fun and like to eat well thats us.
You are now a member of forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found two valves near the left rear tires. Would that be for the air suspension?

Also, I was wondering how you check/put air in the rear tires? The valve is between the tires pointed in instead of out towards you.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Yes they should be just fine the paper work on bags so you don't over fill, as for valves on inside tires most people put on valve extenders they can be rubber or stainless steel braid type.
Right now you need the long neck air hose fitting that truckers use, a auto store should have what you want.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I enjoy long rides and/or backroads. We'll definaitely have to make contact, motorhoming or motorcycling.

2003 Harley Davidson Road Glide
ESTANG is offline   Reply With Quote