Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Thinking of New Purchase

Looking at purchasing a new 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z. Was wondering if anyone has had any issues with this unit.
E.J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

:welcome:

Lot's of Sightseer owners here and Adventurer owners. I'm sure someone will chime in. Good luck with your quest, they are both good rigs.

Best regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #3
Site Team

You will also want to check out the great review in last months Motorhome magazine. They loved it.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J.C. View Post
Looking at purchasing a new 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z. Was wondering if anyone has had any issues with this unit.
We owned a Sightseer from 2007 until last August and loved it!

I personally don't think you could go wrong with a Winnebago product.

All manufacturers have their issues. That being said Winnebago does a lot of small things that will add years to your unit.

We have found the cabinetry, furniture and the fit and finish to superior to other manufacturers when comparing to equivalent units.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J.C. View Post
:welcome:

Why buy new? I always buy used and save a tone of money. Besides, the "new shakedown" punch list can be a major problem to get resolved in a reasonable period of time. I hate to rain on the parade but the truth is what it is. Many folks are frustrated with the quality control, or lack there of, in the newer Winnebago products. This all became an issue back when the RV industry took that big hit, around 2007/8/9. No mater what you buy, be aware of the QC issues and don't give all of your money over till the issues are fixed. RVs are great fun once we can use them. I bought this one used and had the major issues taken care of with little trouble. But the previous owner didn't address some of the QC issues in cosmetics. We simply live with them.

Happy trails and many of them.

Rick Y
Old 02-22-2016, 10:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
You will also want to check out the great review in last months Motorhome magazine. They loved it.
Just be aware that Motorhome magazine is a for profit business. So if they were to be truthful about a product advertised there they may lose that advertising which could hurt the bottom line.
Read the review but do some looking on your own.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:51 AM   #7
Site Team

Haha....yes, I would never rely solely on a magazine review before making such a large purchase. :-) I enjoyed the article, though, and it may point out some interesting things to check out.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Is there a reason for a 2015 Sightseer?

I just traded a 2005 Sightseer 29R for a 2016 Sightseer 33C.

The reason for the question about a 2015 Sightseer is because Ford just updated their 2016 chassis with a six speed transmission. You might be looking at 2015 rigs because they are being discounted as the 2016 models arrive and that is a valid reason.

For me the difference between the 2015 and 2016 chassis is night and day. My 2005 chassis would wind out at around 5300 rpms and the engine would be screaming. When climbing I always disengaged cruise control because I didn't like to hear the engine make so much noise. With the new 2016 chassis with the new six speed transmission the rpm level appears to be around 4300 rpms and the engine is much quieter. I now allowed cruise control to climb without disengaging. I know that 5300 rpms will not harm the V10 engine, I just don't like the noise.

That said I always end up with the rare problems. With this new rig I've been getting P0300 random misfire engine lights about every 300 or 400 miles. I believe this problem has been resolved. Ford changed the crank shaft sensor and it has been driven 330 miles plus without a light.

There have been a number of things that Winnebago could have done better but my dealership has been great at fixing the things that I felt were substandard.

I elected to order our new model through a dealership rather than take a rig off their lot. We did this mostly because we were able to pick and choose that exterior and interior colors plus we got only the options we wanted and we didn't have to settle for options we didn't want. The down side is it will take between three and four months for Winnebago to build your new RV. If you negotiate you can order a coach that will not cost any more than the models that the dealership has pre-ordered for their lot with the exception of coaches the dealership has discounted because the coaches have been on their lot for a long time.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase