Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2006, 07:56 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

In December 05 I sent a letter to Winnebago regarding the deterioration of the clear coat of my coach on the top/front cap and the painted portions of the roof, both sides, total length. I immediately got a call from Tom Olson, Winnebago Owner Relations. Tom had already made contact with Dave Nagle at CDI Paint. Together they put me in touch with Ramon Ramos, a CDI Paint contractor near me in CA. Ramon took the coach as a priority job. The only delay was me due to travel. Ramon had the coach on a Wednesday and I met him on a Sunday for pick-up. The roof sides were repainted in the four colors required and the entire top/front cap was painted. A very beautiful professional job. This process requesting Winnebago and CDI to take care of the problem was NO PROBLEM. Both Winnebago and CDI worked together and stood behind their product in a professional manner. Also, CDI reimbursed me for the fuel costs. Thank you Winnebago and CDI Paint.......
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:56 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

In December 05 I sent a letter to Winnebago regarding the deterioration of the clear coat of my coach on the top/front cap and the painted portions of the roof, both sides, total length. I immediately got a call from Tom Olson, Winnebago Owner Relations. Tom had already made contact with Dave Nagle at CDI Paint. Together they put me in touch with Ramon Ramos, a CDI Paint contractor near me in CA. Ramon took the coach as a priority job. The only delay was me due to travel. Ramon had the coach on a Wednesday and I met him on a Sunday for pick-up. The roof sides were repainted in the four colors required and the entire top/front cap was painted. A very beautiful professional job. This process requesting Winnebago and CDI to take care of the problem was NO PROBLEM. Both Winnebago and CDI worked together and stood behind their product in a professional manner. Also, CDI reimbursed me for the fuel costs. Thank you Winnebago and CDI Paint.......
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thats the kind of stuff thats good to hear!

I wonder if they would re-paint the old 1990 Winne for me?
Nay its too far to drive from Texas.

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary CA:
In December 05 I sent a letter to Winnebago regarding the deterioration of the clear coat of my coach on the top/front cap and the painted portions of the roof, both sides, total length. I immediately got a call from Tom Olson, Winnebago Owner Relations. Tom had already made contact with Dave Nagle at CDI Paint. Together they put me in touch with Ramon Ramos, a CDI Paint contractor near me in CA. Ramon took the coach as a priority job. The only delay was me due to travel. Ramon had the coach on a Wednesday and I met him on a Sunday for pick-up. The roof sides were repainted in the four colors required and the entire top/front cap was painted. A very beautiful professional job. This process requesting Winnebago and CDI to take care of the problem was NO PROBLEM. Both Winnebago and CDI worked together and stood behind their product in a professional manner. Also, CDI reimbursed me for the fuel costs. Thank you Winnebago and CDI Paint....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is very coincidental as both my friend Bill and I have a massive amount of overspray on our coaches. I have now been in contact with Winnebago and David Nagle at CDI and am experiencing the same great response. I will be taking our coach to Ramon as well sometime around the 1st for a complete overspray remval and touch up. I hope our experience is as good as yours.

Thanks for thepost. Makes me feel a lot better about what is about to happen.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Below is a quote from Winnebago's dealer required PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS.

Inspect and correct as necessary.
_____ 1. Wash vehicle
_____ 2. Interior/Exterior Trim Moldings and Sealants
_____ 3. Exterior Finish - spot paint, touch up & rub out if necessary
_____ 4. Assure vehicle is in clean, presentable condition - remove
all unnecessary tags, stamps and labels.
_____ 5. Be sure that all required literature is in the vehicle.
_____ 6. Assure that the owner is properly instructed in the operation
of the vehicle
including all equipment and accessories
_____ 7. Be certain that all Operator's Manuals and Warranty
Manuals are in the vehicle
and that the Warranty Forms are completed.

DEALER CERTIFICATION - I certify that this vehicle has been inspected, road
tested, safety checked and that adjustments were performed in accordance with
the above requirements.
CUSTOMER CERTIFICATION - I certify that I have been given the warranty
document for this vehicle prior to sale and have been instructed in the use of this
vehicle.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:53 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Gary,that's GREAT news....

Tracey and Bill are well on their way to getting their clear coat issues solved....

I certainly don't think there'a ANY manafacturer out there that does a complete "hand rub" test on all their "full body paint" coaches either....

I was out of the office and away from the computer until about five minutes ago,but I was pleasantly surprised to see an email from a member of Winnebago's customer service team,with advice on a solution to the clear coat overspray issues I have.
My issues are "clearly" not visible,only to the touch are they evident.
There is no fading or color loss.

I have been advised,as Gary,Bill and Trace before me, that CDI will warranty their work.
I have no reason to doubt their ability to do so.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

The intent of me post (respondong to an overspray comment) was to show that the dealer is required by Winnebago to "rub out" the exterior finish if necessary before delivery. Poor dealer service makes Winnebago look at fault.

What is CDI??? The painting subcontractor Winnebago used before they put in their full body paint shop???
Old 03-15-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
What is CDI??? The painting subcontractor Winnebago used before they put in their full body paint shop??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CDI IS their paint shop as the sub-contract their full body paint up the street to CDI. Winnebago only paints the smaller less detailed coaches themselves.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I heard Winne built a new paint shop and stopped subcontracting but that was internet info and must have been incorrect.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:02 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Ya have to watch those internet "facts" Tom....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:08 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

All full-body paint jobs are performed by CDI. Winnie does all of the partial-body paint jobs in-house. At least this was the reality as of last spring.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote