Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2005, 08:59 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Anybody got one, and what are the pros and cons?
I've wanted one, but have procrastinated because of the Camping World price http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...16219&src=SRQB
Now I see that Home Depot has a "me too" product, looks like the same thing with the same specs, but less money at $180 http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...gjl.0&MID=9876

I've been carrying a 5' folding aluminum stepladder around and it works pretty well, but not for the high stuff. I'm not particularly fond of the ones that fold up into a long "stick" because I have no pass thru storage compartment.
What's your two cents?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:59 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Anybody got one, and what are the pros and cons?
I've wanted one, but have procrastinated because of the Camping World price http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...16219&src=SRQB
Now I see that Home Depot has a "me too" product, looks like the same thing with the same specs, but less money at $180 http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...gjl.0&MID=9876

I've been carrying a 5' folding aluminum stepladder around and it works pretty well, but not for the high stuff. I'm not particularly fond of the ones that fold up into a long "stick" because I have no pass thru storage compartment.
What's your two cents?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have the one from Home Depot. Works great. Only used it once so far but works fine. I am over weight for it so hope there is some room to move on the weight limit. So far so good.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

That's a bad link to Home Depot above (I had no idea it was that long either). But if you want to see the ladder at Home Depot, it's under "ladders" as a "Xtend & Climb". -Sorry.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I saw someone else using one last summer and it looked like just the thing. He had a very nice DP and used it to wash the bugs off of the entire front soon after he set up camp. Ace hardware had a 12 foot telescoping ladder on sale at christmas for about $120 after a rebate. Got mine and used it several times on a recent 3400 mile trip. Works well and stores flat in one of the basement compartments. I also had the 5 foot double folding ladded from camping world, and found it very unstable and not high enough to reach above the windows.
rogwarsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I got one of the 12' telescoping ladders when I got my current coach. I love the ladder. It is easy to used, sturdy, and stows easily. I found it on E-bay listed as 'Extend & Climb' which seems identical to the 'Telesteps' ladder I saw at CW for about $100 more. Wasn't aware that Home Depot was selling them.

Anyway, highly recommend it.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Last winter in our rv park(AZ) a guy was working off one fixing the roof of a park model. I am not sure if it was the ladder's fault or his. But it did buckle! It was extended out & buckled near the top! His leg went through a rung & he went over backwards on a concrete slab! He spent a night in the hospital & some switches in his head. Your call!
Old 05-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

We ordered the ladder with the motorhome! Comes with a slid out "box" in one of the compartments.

shedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shedman:
We ordered the ladder with the motorhome! Comes with a slid out "box" in one of the compartments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Us too. Hopefully it will be worth the bucks!

--John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote