Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Tankless water heater.

I have a 2016 WinnebagoTrend 24L, that has a tankless water heater.
It has the winterization option with the siphon tube in the rear storage compartment. I have drained all of the water lines both hot and cold. I then
have added RV antifreeze using the siphon tube and opening each sink and shower valve until the antifreeze came out. I wasn’t sure how to ensure the tankless water heater was supposed to be checked. I did press the pressure relief valve on the water heater and antifreeze came out.

Is this the correct procedure or am I overlooking something else that needs
to be addressed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
JCostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

JCostick, sounds like you are good to go. I have an Atwood tankless in my 2016 Micro Minnie and as long as you have antifreeze at all your sink and shower valves and at the water heater pressure valve, you should have pushed all the water out of your tankless and it should be full of antifreeze. I assume you also made sure you had antifreeze at your toilet and if you have an outside shower, that too.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCostick View Post
I have a 2016 WinnebagoTrend 24L, that has a tankless water heater.
It has the winterization option with the siphon tube in the rear storage compartment. I have drained all of the water lines both hot and cold. I then
have added RV antifreeze using the siphon tube and opening each sink and shower valve until the antifreeze came out. I wasn’t sure how to ensure the tankless water heater was supposed to be checked. I did press the pressure relief valve on the water heater and antifreeze came out.

Is this the correct procedure or am I overlooking something else that needs
to be addressed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have a 2016 View with tankless water heater. There is an "Easy Drain Lever" at the unit (outside compartment), which needs to be drained. Push up on a retainer, then rotate lever downwards. There's also a screen filter there which can be rinsed. In my manual, it's Step 7b.
CDAVEGO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, tank, water, water heater