Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2006, 03:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

When I purchased my coach and took it back for warranty work I kept a punch list of the work to be done on my computer each and every time and the dates.

HOWEVER,, I did NOT get a work order or a copy of what the dealer had done to correct the measures on my list.I was told when I picked the coach up that the ticket wasn't finished and I could get it later. For whatever reason some of the tickets are not availabe.

This is coming back to bite me..

Just a word to the wise...Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

When I purchased my coach and took it back for warranty work I kept a punch list of the work to be done on my computer each and every time and the dates.

HOWEVER,, I did NOT get a work order or a copy of what the dealer had done to correct the measures on my list.I was told when I picked the coach up that the ticket wasn't finished and I could get it later. For whatever reason some of the tickets are not availabe.

This is coming back to bite me..

Just a word to the wise...Good Miles
Old 04-02-2006, 03:55 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Jim, I guess it depends on the dealer as I am asked to sign the work order,then given a copy every time I pick the coach up.

Come on across the water maybe?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Jim,

So that we might better understand; what issues has this caused or created?

Larry

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Since you asked,,,,
The aft arm on my A&E power awning has always hung to the point you have to go back and physically pull on the arm for it to come out.

Have asked for it to be fixed since 9/15/04 and on two other punch lists. Never been fixed and I will have to take it to a authorized A&E dealer in Ashland, Va. because my dealer says they have done all they can do.

I have this on my punch lists but A&E says they need to see the dealers work order(doesn't exist) before they will honor the labor part of the warranty. As I understand it we have three years on parts. Why the work orders doesn't exist is another story. So have it documented from the dealer. Good Miles
Old 04-02-2006, 06:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Everytime I have taken my coach to La Mesa RV in San Diego,I sign an authorization for the work to be performed and get a copy then when I pick it up again I sign for the work compleded and get the final copies.I would never leave without copies of what they are to do.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:53 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Can't the dealer simply print out a history from their records? It would seem a simple solution and likely satisfy the request fro A&E.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

At work or play, if I sign it I get a copy of it, no exceptions. And I will never sign a blank copy of anything with the assumption that the blanks will be filled in correctly later. I've only had one sales rep react angrily to this with a "what's the matter, don't you trust me attitude"! I responded with " you want me to fill in the signature blank, and I want you to fill in the rest- that's the way it's supposed to be"! He didn't work there much longer!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Jim.......Ed,Tom and Steve all make a good point,as I mentioned earlier.

Snyder's prints out a work order,then they print another final order with the "action taken" and the man hours allotted...

Most of mine have been warranty and at no cost to me,but when I did the Blue Ox install there was a warranty repair on the ticket as well so it showed the amount I had to pay.
I signed it and they gave me a copy.

Virginia RV is an Itasca dealer and I can't imagine they're not keeping records to get their money back from Winnebago Industries...

I will email you with the Snyders information on who to talk to and maybe even buy ya lunch if ya come on this side of the Bay!!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Jim, I understand your problem with the AE Awning arm, as we have discussed before, I have the same problem and I'm sure others do too.

There must be a solution that keeps the awning centered in the tracks so that it rolls up straight....if that's the problem, as I diagnosed it????

Won't/can't the dealer come up with the WO? Does he say they don't exist???

That would be too bad as I know this has been going on for least two years.

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Maybe instead of riding "with" me to the factory,you should follow me?
Old 04-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Thanks for all your support. As I said why the awning is not on some of the work orders they have is another story.

This is a case of I was keeping a list and documenting everything yet in the end its wudda,cudda,shudda. We'll see what the authorized A&E dealer in Ashland has to say.
Will keep you posted. Good Miles
Old 04-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

Jim, PLEASE tell me the authorized A and E dealer is NOT McGeorge's....

You're better off anywhere else....
Old 04-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Bob , it is not. Its RV Service of Virginia.
I inquired about their reputation on the other forum and got many positive replies. Also got some of the same negative replies about McGeorge. Thanks ,,, JIM
Old 04-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #15
Administrator Emeritus

Good deal Jim....
Old 04-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

If I understand the condition of the A&E awning problem it stems from the fabric not rolling up correctly?

If this is the case, it is because the material is not square when measured diagonally from awning rail to opposite(diagonally) end at fabric tube. Measure the opposite end to end, and the measurements should be the same. If not, the material will roll up "corkscrewed" on the fabric tube.

Correction: move the material in the awning rail one direction or the other, based on your prior measurements. When you achieve the proper squareness, and it rolls square on the fabric tube (visually you'll see all the material overlapping itself pretty square)secure the material in the awning rail with a self tapping screw, one on each end of the awning rail.

This will relieve the tension that is most probably binding the arms.

Hope it helps and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need additional informtion or documentation.

Mike & Lisa
TheRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:47 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Mike, the problem is the rear arm of the power awning hangs up (fails to unfurl) when you go to open it. You must walk to that arm and pull on it for the awning to open. At this time its not hanging up as much as just staying up straight and not coming out. AS I said I bought the coach in Feb 04 and this has been on my punch lists since 7/7/04. Thanks for your reply JIM.
After rereading your post I understand what you are saying. That could be the problem as the metal cover that rolls up to protect the awning has moved to the front of the coach. More overhang in the front than the aft end. Have pulled on this to move it to the rear and it fails to budge..I think I will leave it to the Pro in Ashland..thanks Mike.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:00 AM   #18

Dear Ichn,
We had a similiar problem, but not quite as bad as yours sounds. Our metal cover was "creeping" to the front too. We are so lucky to have a local guy (not a dealer) that can do warrenty work here in VA Beach. He knew how to fix the problem and adjust the awning so it would come out correctly. There are some adjustment areas that need addressed occasionaly due to vibration over time. Now the metal cover is where it is supposed to be and the awning comes out equally on both arms. Hope you can get yours fixed in Ashland, if not let me know and I will give you our guys name and number.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote