Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #21

Hikerdogs is correct about the warranty dating/mileage. Did it on my 2012 Georgetown and again on our 2014 Adventurer. As far as the delivery drivers go, I drove professionally for over 17 years, still have my class A CDL and I talked with a few delivery drivers over the past few years at truck stops and dealers and none of them were "professional" and all of them said that they pay so poorly, delivery companies had a hard time finding people to drive them. These were for the most part people who could not find other jobs.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone for the advice. Things have worked out for us.

Camping World in Katy Texas screwed up our order. One day before I was to take delivery the boss at Camping World called me (The salesman did not have the guts to make the call) and said that the RV was ordered with a propane generator and not the diesel generator I ordered. He gave me two options: 1) accept the propane generator and CW would adjust the price or 2) wait another 9 weeks to get a new MH.

I told CW that there was a third option...cancel my order and get my $5,000 deposit back. This is what I did and CW promptly refunded my deposit.

I then went to about four Winnebago Navion dealers around the country and got quotes.

The good news is that I ordered a new coach from Lichtsinn and the new MH will be a 2015 and not a 2014 plus........the net price is $11k less after you figure I have to pay $6k to license the MH in Texas.

And finally my break-in issue is solved because I get to take possession with the MH having very low mileage so I can break it in on the drive back to Texas.

I will have to pay for a couple of one-way tickets to Minneapolis and a couple of nights at a hotel in Forest City.

I will not bad mouth CW but you can figure it out for yourself.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

I would like to think the manager (rather than the salesperson) called you because they valued your business and the manager would be able to offer you options and react to your demands that the salesperson could not make.

The fact that you were able to get your deposit back so promptly says a lot for the dealer you had originally selected.

When do you pick up your new RV?
Old 05-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I would like to think the manager (rather than the salesperson) called you because they valued your business and the manager would be able to offer you options and react to your demands that the salesperson could not make. The fact that you were able to get your deposit back so promptly says a lot for the dealer you had originally selected. When do you pick up your new RV?
I agree with your comments also.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Thanks.

Can someone advise how I can delete a thread. I don't need any more replies.

thanks,
Old 06-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTexas View Post
Thanks.

thanks,
I don't believe you can, although I assume a MOD. could. You started this thread on 3/16 and you updated on 5/1, it was fairly dead until your update today. It will just die a natural death.
Do you have your MH yet.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTexas View Post
Thanks.

thanks,
Try hitting the little red triangle in the lower left hand side of your post. That will report the post to the site moderators. Explain to them that you are the original poster and that you'd like to have the thread deleted. Good luck!
Closed Thread