Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #1

I talked to Winnebago and our dealer also called to tell us that our Vectra is waiting in shipping until the weather clears. I understand the weather in Iowa has been just awful...snow and minus 0 temp. for most of the month so the snow is still piling up. They are hoping to get it on the road by the first of next week, then the dealer wants it for a couple of days to clean it up and do whatever they do. So I guess we will continue to "count the days" and hope for an early spring in Iowa.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #2

I talked to Winnebago and our dealer also called to tell us that our Vectra is waiting in shipping until the weather clears. I understand the weather in Iowa has been just awful...snow and minus 0 temp. for most of the month so the snow is still piling up. They are hoping to get it on the road by the first of next week, then the dealer wants it for a couple of days to clean it up and do whatever they do. So I guess we will continue to "count the days" and hope for an early spring in Iowa.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Hard as it may be to wait, it is smart to let them keep it until the weather clears. I would do most anything reasonable to keep it from being exposed to road salt. I am sure your dealer will pressure wash the undercarriage when it arrives.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #4

Oh yes, it's a given that the undercarriage will be power washed...I'll crawl under there myself and be sure they did.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Glenda – Be patient and don't push them, the roads were terrible at the fist of the week and travel was not advised at all, cars are in the ditches all over. Things are getting better everyday but it is going to take time. The interstate roads are slowly clearing up but the secondary roads still have ice and makes for a very bumpy and slippery ride.
We are supposed to warm up to around 30 by Sunday but there is more snow forecast for Monday and Tuesday, don't know how much yet. You will just have to be patient.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Glenda, sage advice from our friends here on this forum. I'd do most anything to keep any road salt off the new coach. And as others have suggested, have the undercarriage powerwashed for safety sake, even if it doesn't run thru the slush. I am sure there is residual salt dust on even dry roads which will permeate the undercarriage.

Patience is a virtue. I wish I had some when we were waiting for our new coach in November '06!!

But, oh, what a pretty sight when I finally saw it inside the dealer's bay. It was worth the wait.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Glenda listen to wise advice. Salt effect on the undercarriage is terrible. The less exposed the better.

Living in Ca. I had no idea how fast it could work its evil ways. Last Dec. we went to K.C. to see the grandkids and had to drive thru snow in Ok. Got back home and put off washing the undercarriage. Last week when I checked undercarriage rust had begun on all exposed metal parts.

So be patient and make sure they pressure wash undercarriage. Congrats on a great rig.

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
I am sure your dealer will pressure wash the undercarriage when it arrives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a chance of the dealer doing this.

This will be a pre-requisite of us buying the unit, the next one we buy.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

FrontRanger, you don't know Glenda and Phil very well nor their dealer.
You better beleive that the undercarriage will be power washed...Glenda, is a very thorough lady and Phil makes the Buffalo squeal.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #10

Jim,
Thanks for the kind words....I think

You are so right. We will go over that baby with a magnifying glass! We have purchased 5 Winnebagos from this dealer in 11 years, I think they want to take care of us, Everyone is right to say be patient and let the weather clear....but it is so hard.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Yesterday the roads were back to normal winter driving conditions for the entire state. Good Luck.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #12

YIPP<span class="ev_code_RED">YIPPEE</span>EE